Learning the Thai alphabet

eumenades

Get better success in using these simplified versions of the whirly-gig Thai alphabet. Try leaving short complimentary notes on the breakfast table for your partner to reinforce your memory. Take it one step at a time. (Oh yes, it can only be done one step at a time! [groan] ) https://rapidlearnthai.com/understanding-thai-modern-fonts/#comment-884 Thai_modern_fonts_consonants.png

• Confused 2

For me anyway, it would be more work to learn Modern. I have put so much time into reading Traditional. I can see that if you are trying to learn to write, the Modern would be easier but I need to write so little I will stick to Traditional.

1 hour ago, bunnydrops said:

For me anyway, it would be more work to learn Modern. I have put so much time into reading Traditional. I can see that if you are trying to learn to write, the Modern would be easier but I need to write so little I will stick to Traditional.

I admire your patience!

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

No one should write using that Modern style.  That is simply a simplified font that is often used for advert signs.... good to know how to read, but not to be written!

Would you use Roman numerals for atomic physics?