Fastest Internet Connection In Thailand

Shagwell

I am reading about Maxnet but my friend has TT&T for 1000 baht unlimited and is quite content.

What are you using and what were the start up fees? Are you on a contract? Do you have your own modem?

Thanks

Have TOT 1024 for B1000 a month for about two weeks now (waited two years to get it!). No downtime, never less than 800 Kbs down and late night almost full speed. Suspect I'm probably sharing with one or two people as they've just installed the equipment. Service very good so far, but I live in Kalasin, so everybody knows everybody here. 850 Kbs beats the hel_l out of the 4.5 I was getting on dial-up. Since I was going to cancel my existing TT&T line, there were no installation fees, the only thing I paid was for the Router, about 1,600 baht.

Impossible you are getting a 800Kbps download speed. Average quickest download speed on a TOT 1024 ADSL line will be around 150Kbps average at best.

You must of course be referring to the total speed of your line.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong or don't understand what you mean by download speed. Ran this a few minutes ago.post-27189-1185950262_thumb.png

I signed up for True 2Mbps.

It works very well I even get some download speed at 300 KBps sometimes.

The overall experience is very good

Yeah, that's about top whack for 2Mbps. Thanks for clarifying!

I think you got something seriously wrong, Emperor.

1024 kbps connection roughly means 120kBps download. The key is in "b" vs "B". 1B=8b. One byte - eight bits.

When downloading large files from reliable servers I can clearly see file sizes growing at 80-100 kBps speed - 1 MB in about 10-20 seconds.

Ipstar doesn't offer or guarantee any advantage over this.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why you say average for 1024 ADSL is 150kbs.

I have a Maxnet 1024 connection, I ALWAYS get about 320kbs streaming speeds from my Slingbox, located in England, to my computer here in Jomtien.

Except when the Internet connection is totaly off, as it has been for most of this month!

Chris

I don't have an option but ipstar we have no phone lines here. but its been working great. My mom lives in the sticks I mean wayout in the sticks back in the states, she gets a speed test of 1680 everytime for 300 baht a month. Oh and they have 500 cable tv channels that add another 1000 baht. but the phone service is part of the package. Makes my sick she only does e mail and a video conf. with me once and awhile. Thailand pays the same for internet bandwidth as everybody, but the gov takes a big bite. and you get the diff. in your bill. And I read somewhere that Korea has a gov. policy they want to see 1mb in every home asap. for education and information.

Jeez,

These prices are robbery for the speeds/services provided.

I am on a Fiber Optic 100mps connection here in Tokyo and pay less than 1,500 Baht per month. I sincerely hope that over the next few years the prices drop with a significant increase in speed for connections in Thailand.

Cheers,

TheWalkingMan

Are you paying for 100 Mbps and if so whats your actual download speed for large files? I suspect your line may be 5 Mbps and just showing 100 as the connection but if your correct your speed is faster than the two foot line I'm running into a external hard drive :o

100 Mbits is probebly what hes saying, these speeds are getting more and more usual. In Sweden I have 100 Mbits and thats about 12 MB/sec, you can get 12 MB/sec (ive got this speed quite often) only if you download from someone with same speed ofcourse and ive done this various times with dc++ wich is far more superior then torrents if you have right connection.

I am using the Banglamung cable and just got a reading of 2,761/731 with a transfer rate of 355.1/91.5. It is new to the Pattaya area and I have no idea what the actual price for this speed is going to be. The 512 was originally quoted at 790 baht per month. You do have to subscribe to the TV which is some 700 a month. Sorry I don't have more info. I run Loxinfo IPstar along side the Banglamung cable get half of what I am paying for. I hope this cable works out and I can dump IPstar for good.

The speed varies and drops to 500 at times. The first couple of days, the service would stop but that was the week that all of Thailand was having outages. For the last 4 days, it has been pretty consistent.

Test your Internet connection bandwidth

Google

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2761 kbps (345.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 732 kbps (91.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Internet speed test for Internet broadband © 2006 thaivisa.com Thailand Web Stat

follow up speed test. I have gotten as high as 4700 on the download total speed.

Test your Internet connection bandwidth

Google

Last Result:

Download Speed: 3949 kbps (493.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 804 kbps (100.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Internet speed test for Internet broadband © 2006 thaivisa.com Thailand Web Stat

I dont know why a lot of fellas keep complaining about the internet speeds in Thailand. :D

I am using True HiSpeed 1024 for THB599+VAT per month and very happy with the speed. If you are planning to use your internet to view online High Quality TV then you should not buy the connection like me, better buy something else.

I am very happy with the connection and I think its too cheap. :D

Most of the time when I ask people about the meaning of 1024Mbps then they BS like 1 Megabit, which is not true as it is 1 Megabit. So all smart fellas get complete information about internet and then whine about it. :o

Do you live in Thailand?I live in Issaan,15 Kilo outside town, not only don't they have asdl,but don't even have running water.Don't leave your bubble,culture shock awaits.