Chromecast with Google TV (HD)

Agusts

I figured all Android Chinese TV boxes are a bit vulnerable to having preloaded with malware, or extra ads bait or extra dodgy traffic behaviour, so best just go with Chromecast - has all I need. 

Also I don't need 4K, just HD is more than enough for me. Now these HD are reduced to just $20 in USA from $30, but the best I can find here from a reliable seller, like Banana IT is 2490b for this. It's more than 3 times...!!! (well done customs office). 

A bit cheaper from dodgy Lazada sellers, but I don't trust them unless they are official stores, like above... 

If you guys know or find any reliable place that sells these closer to their real price, let me know...!? 

Edited by Agusts

ever since i brought my CC from home it has been a godsend....use my phone hotspot to stream shows and movies from back home..can use a free vpn as well(proton)

used to run an HDMI cable to tv but that was a PITA.......huzzah CC..!!!.....do miss mobdro tho......AIS used to sell them but no longer...id get someone to ship one from home to u

Incidentally the main reason I'm upgrading to Chromecast is the use of WiFi 5GHz. But not sure if it's any good, it does not even have an antenna...! Any feedback...? 

My current MXQ pro box only has 2.4GHz, but even with antenna it has dreadful reception, so I hotpot off my laptop, it works but it's a bit of a pain, hence looking into Chromecast... 

I see somebody selling it used, but I read they can now flash any android device with built-in malware, even a factory reset won't get rid of it - hard to trust anything these days...! 

Saying that I haven't noticed anything unsavory on my MXQ pro for last 6 years which is suppose to be full of bad stuff, but I guess we are not supposed to notice these malware...! 🙄, I always use a separate Google account for these though ...