Financial Requirements for 1 Year Extension -- Non-Imm O Single Entry

Hi, I'm a little confused.  Following the other thread re bt800,000.

Applying for the Single Entry Non-Imm O based on Retirement at a Consulate requires bt800,000 equivalent in overseas bank account and gives you 90 days.

Questions:

1.  When I enter Thailand, when can I apply for the one year extension of stay?  Only within the last 30 days (minimum 15 days)?

2.  When does the bt800,000 have to begin seasoning in a Thai bank account?

Thanks

If you enter Thailand with a single entry non O you will be given a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days of that permission of stay you would apply for 12 month extension.  

On the date you apply for the extension the 800k needs to have been in bank account for 2 months.

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only 

16 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

Applying for the Single Entry Non-Imm O based on Retirement at a Consulate requires bt800,000 equivalent in overseas bank account and gives you 90 days.

I recently did this in the UK.  I used 800k+ in my Thai account for the financial part.  So if you already have a Thai account you can use that, doesn't have to be overseas.

Thank you for the replies. 

Yes, i have a Thai bank account in my name ..... Bangkok Bank savings account.  I won't be organized enough to have the bt800,000 in a Thai account to apply for the initial Non-Imm O so will transfer it over later.

What's the best type of bank account to leave your money in indefinitely?  Fixed Deposit?

1 minute ago, Jaymatheson said:

What's the best type of bank account to leave your money in indefinitely?  Fixed Deposit?

You can use either. 

In fact I previously had a FD account and savings account with the same bank.