Taiwanese Mortuary Cosmetologist Volunteers in Thailand

snoop1130

1713519192_909810-tnamcot.jpg

BURIRAM, April 19 (TNA) – A Taiwanese woman has flown in to assist in the makeup of the deceased in Thailand, much to the delight of the local community.

Miss Chou Yi Hua, also known as Emma, aged 33, from Taiwan, is diligently applying makeup to the body of an old Thai man, without being fumbling, hesitant or afraid as she has already applied makeup to over 50 deceased individuals.

Emma revealed that she normally works as an undertaker in Taiwan but was inspired to offer her services after seeing the Facebook page “The Last House Everyone Gets To.”

Full story: Thai News Agency 2024-04-19

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Taiwan is now more into cremation.  Although, this does not mean that the corpse does not deserve a good makeup job.

However, traditionally, people on the island of Taiwan, especially the men on Taiwan, enjoyed their bone washing holiday, comming once each year.

I recall that entire families would head for the hills, with food and wine, to drink with their ancestors.

Often, they would return home, driving plastered, after having downed much rice wine.

I was always invited by my close friends to attend the bone washing holiday festivities.

I would recommend that you not get into a drinking competition with these types....because...

You are bound to get drunk under the table, in most cases.

So, for Taiwanese, it's a very important custom to wash your bones once a year.

And, the makup need be applied, only once, and not annually.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I would recommend that you not get into a drinking competition with these types....because...

You are bound to get drunk under the table, in most cases.

Under the table is fine... just don't get in the forever-box.