Jomtien Vs Wongamat/Naklua

piston broke

What are you learned people's opinions of the pros and cons of each region ?

To start the ball rolling:

Jomtien has a great paved sea front walkway - Wongamat just has the beach ..

Jomtien has no gas stations - Wongamat/Naklua has 2 ....

Just now, piston broke said:

Jomtien has no gas stations - Wongamat/Naklua has 2 ....

They have two gas stations on Thepprasit Road. I like Jomtien. Only once did I go to Wongamat/Nakula to look for a condo, but I did not like the area. I can't give you the exact reason. The first impression was not good. The only thing lacking in Jomtien is a McDonald's, and I don't like ordering from McDonald's. I like their hot French fries. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Thanks 1

I have lived in Naklua in an older beach front condo for about 17 years. I like my condo but otherwise I would pick Jomtien over Naklua.

The one advantage for me is it is more convenient to go to central Pattaya from Naklua. It is also closer to major shopping such as T21, Lotus, and only a little farther to Big C Extra. But Jomtien has a more diverse selection of bars and restaurants. Naklua is dead in the daytime except for the beach.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

They have two gas stations on Thepprasit Road. I like Jomtien. Only once did I go to Wongamat/Nakula to look for a condo, but I did not like the area. I can't give you the exact reason. The first impression was not good. The only thing lacking in Jomtien is a McDonald's, and I don't like ordering from McDonald's. I like their hot French fries. 

And a KFC

And a Burger King

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

According to some ( Nick of NDtvi ) in a recent video there are plans to make Jomtien the home of a major shopping mall CHAIN IconSiam and Pattaya 2.0

8.30m onwards If you don't want to hear his breakfast review.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Wongamat is higher end.  Many more condos right on the beach with beachfront views. ...

Condos that are right on the beach rather than separated by a road may be the most important feature for the folks whose dream it is. I am no longer impressed with being right on the beach but I am as close to the beach as you can get. Literally two steps down from our back entrance gate.

IMG_20180919_131721.thumb.jpg.ff5fbb74f02926f6fdd02a9232a0911b.jpg

2 hours ago, Padthaigoong said:

And a KFC

And a Burger King

I am not a big fan of KFC, but I believe they have one in Lotus. I like Texas chicken. 

I never go to Burger King in the US either. So, I don't miss it. My first food chains were McDonald's and Arby's in the US. I believe they don't have Arby in Thailand. I have never seen one. For McDonald's, I either go to Tree Town or Tukum. More often to Tukum than to Tree Town. 

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I am not a big fan of KFC, but I believe they have one in Lotus. I like Texas chicken. 

I never go to Burger King in the US either. So, I don't miss it. My first food chains were McDonald's and Arby's in the US. I believe they don't have Arby in Thailand. I have never seen one. For McDonald's, I either go to Tree Town or Tukum. More often to Tukum than to Tree Town. 

The best thing about KFC back home was the biscuits, which they don't have here.  I do like Texas Chicken...but then they went and made their biscuits smaller <shakes fist>

I am not eating rice, Asia!  You will not get me! lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Sorry, but you're not wanted from us rice eaters. 

Thanks anyway for a win-win situation! lol

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Line man and Grab deliver to Jomtien very cheaply.

I think the last time I used them it was 30 baht to deliver to Jomtien from central Pattaya.

12 hours ago, QuantumQuandry said:

The best thing about KFC back home was the biscuits, which they don't have here.  I do like Texas Chicken...but then they went and made their biscuits smaller <shakes fist>

I like their fried chicken but the french fries are awful. I prefer the ones from McDonalds.

Edited by Padthaigoong
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 8:43 PM, QuantumQuandry said:

Jomtien has Pratamnak next door so I kind of include that in the comparison, making it an easy win for me.

Tons of good restaurants, probably more of my favorites than Pattaya.  Very accessible via baht bus.  Foodmart is a good grocery store.

What's not to love?

I found Foodmart to be a very expensive store beaten only by Villa market. Maybe I should have said for western food.

Edited by NoshowJones

On 4/21/2024 at 6:45 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

KFC has one thing that none of the others have and that's their soft drinks policy, drink as much as you like. Pity about the size of their French fries portions though.

Edited by NoshowJones

16 hours ago, Padthaigoong said:

Line man and Grab deliver to Jomtien very cheaply.

I think the last time I used them it was 30 baht to deliver to Jomtien from central Pattaya.

I don't like McDonald's delivery because the fries become soggy, and I don't like it.