A one-shot vaccine for COVID, flu and future viruses? Researchers say it's coming

On 4/20/2024 at 10:41 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

I'm still a pure blood. Although living in a foreign country, Thailand, traveling around and to Europe, they still didn't get me.

Pure baloney is more like it. You can always leave it to the anti-vax, read anti-science, read pro-faux-science brigade to come up with their own brand of premium-grade crapola.

FYI, The only person whose blood can be considered "pure" is Dracula. He was born with a self-purifying blood system, genetically traceable to the still thriving local bats (according to a tourist-guide whom I hired during my jaunt through the Eastern Bloc this summer...)

Edited by watthong
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, watthong said:

Pure baloney is more like it. You can always leave it to the anti-vax, read anti-science, read pro-faux-science brigade to come up with their own brand of premium-grade crapola.

FYI, The only person whose blood can be considered "pure" is Dracula. He was born with a self-purifying blood system, genetically traceable to the still thriving local bats (according to a tourist-guide whom I hired during my jaunt through the Eastern Bloc this summer...)

I think it's your vaccine talking. 🤔

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Medicine?

I read a proposal to create a man made laboratory intervention that supposedly will be superior to a normal immune response that has developed alongside viral mutative presence. Same viral presence that is acknowledged to have had a major impact on evolutionary processes.

How clever have we already been on preserving non viable specimens of many species including our own and in cases encouraging proliferation?

Even the Greek example of genuine understanding of the natural selection process included  "offering" newborns that demonstrated obvious deformities to the Gods at the bottom of cliffs by the sea as special .

As doctors now do not try "too hard" to ensure the survival of  marginal medical victims the ancient Greek authorities understood the implications to society of lifelong dependency.

In these oh so modern times the opportunity to  have mandated medical products is a corporate investor's dream.

Especially when given everlasting indemnity .

You  don't happen to own a "fainting goat" for entertainent do you?

If that's your take on this, then I would have to submit that again, you haven't really understood what is being talked about. This research is about creating a vaccine - nothing more, nothing less. Now, it is a vaccine based on a slightly different kind of approach than previous vaccines but it still relies on taking an antigen from an actual virus and exposing your body to it in order to evoke an immune response.

You still seem to be talking as if this will somehow cause certain viruses  to cease to exist. It won't.

This is something which will inhibit a virus from replicating once it gets inside a human body, just as other vaccines do, but (according to the researchers) in a more efficient and hopefully more durable manner. 

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

A post making an entirely unsourced and unsubstantiated claim has been removed. Please note the following forum rule:

"In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

https://aseannow.com/forum_rules/