Does anyone have snap-in dentures?

giddyup

This involves having a couple of implants, top and bottom, that the denture snaps on to. Not sure if this is a procedure offered by dentists in Thailand.

30 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not sure if this is a procedure offered by dentists in Thailand.

It is.

There was a dental thread just in the last day or two where someone linked to a Thai dental practice price list and I saw them itemised on there.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

This involves having a couple of implants, top and bottom, that the denture snaps on to. Not sure if this is a procedure offered by dentists in Thailand.

Do you have a link? 

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Oh, is that still available? 😁

I had a partial denture done at Ram Hospital dental clinic in Chiang Mai many years ago. Still fits perfectly.

An Australian dentist commented the denture was very good quality.

Not cheap, IIRC 110,000 baht.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I had a partial denture done at Ram Hospital dental clinic in Chiang Mai many years ago. Still fits perfectly.

An Australian dentist commented the denture was very good quality.

Not cheap, IIRC 110,000 baht.

You get a full denture for 10000 or less for each jaw why partial is soooooooooooooooo expensive?

I just had a new tooth issue come up where a 30 year old crown fall off. What is left of the tooth is in bad enough shape that a root canal and new crown is not possible. I also had a false tooth that was attached to the crown on one side so the crown and false tooth fell out together. 1st step is having the remains of the one tooth extracted leaving me with two missing teeth side by side.

I was given three options:

Two implants with crowns - Approx 60,000 Baht

Permanent denture - Approx 20,000 Baht (I actually forgot the price but I think this is ballpark what I was told)

Removable denture - Approx 4,000 Baht

Since the removable denture is so cheap I decided to go with that to see if I can get used to it and not have problems. If I don't like it I'll probably get the two implants for a permanent fix. Dentist agreed that that was not a bad idea.

I am already in the process of getting another implant on the opposite side and need to wait four months for the implant to fuse with the bone so this new issue leaves me with a couple of big holes that make eating difficult.

This was at Dr. Warin's office on Central Pattaya Rd (Pattaya Klang).

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Smokin Joe said:

I just had a new tooth issue come up where a 30 year old crown fall off. What is left of the tooth is in bad enough shape that a root canal and new crown is not possible. I also had a false tooth that was attached to the crown on one side so the crown and false tooth fell out together. 1st step is having the remains of the one tooth extracted leaving me with two missing teeth side by side.

I was given three options:

Two implants with crowns - Approx 60,000 Baht

Permanent denture - Approx 20,000 Baht (I actually forgot the price but I think this is ballpark what I was told)

Removable denture - Approx 4,000 Baht

Since the removable denture is so cheap I decided to go with that to see if I can get used to it and not have problems. If I don't like it I'll probably get the two implants for a permanent fix. Dentist agreed that that was not a bad idea.

I am already in the process of getting another implant on the opposite side and need to wait four months for the implant to fuse with the bone so this new issue leaves me with a couple of big holes that make eating difficult.

This was at Dr. Warin's office on Central Pattaya Rd (Pattaya Klang).

What do you call a permanent denture, implants? I have several teeth missing and also have trouble chewing, but go back the 21st next month to be fitted for a partial denture. Have no idea of the cost yet.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

What do you call a permanent denture, implants? I have several teeth missing and also have trouble chewing, but go back the 21st next month to be fitted for a partial denture. Have no idea of the cost yet.

Dentures and implants are totally different things. I think what I referred to as dentures may actually called a bridge.

An implant is when you drill a hole in the jawbone and screw in a titanium insert. Then the gum is sewn shut above it and it is allowed some time to fuse with the bone. After the wait time is up the gum is opened back up and a post with a crown is installed in the hole at the the top of the implant.

ScreenHunter_475Apr_2310_32.png.f603cd17119317cfb8a420aaae3c17d4.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/22/2024 at 5:19 PM, giddyup said:

Its called 'All on 4'.  or 5 or 6 

They take out all your teeth, insert 4, 5 or 6 implant posts then affix a full row of teeth to the posts.  

Google All on 4 Bangkok 

or check these links 

https://bangkokdentalcenter.com/dental-services/dental-implants/all-on-4/

https://www.bfcdental.com/en/treatments/all-on-4/

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

There is lot of ads and promotions with dentists doing stuff like this aside from implants, seems prices are finally going down as well. Doesn't hurt to do some window shopping as the first visit to talk about it is always free anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Its called 'All on 4'.  or 5 or 6 

They take out all your teeth, insert 4, 5 or 6 implant posts then affix a full row of teeth to the posts.  

Google All on 4 Bangkok 

or check these links 

https://bangkokdentalcenter.com/dental-services/dental-implants/all-on-4/

https://www.bfcdental.com/en/treatments/all-on-4/

I believe the benefit with this one is that they can also knock you out entirely for around 5-10K.