Can I ignore 90-Day Report cos I will be away before the next one is due?

Like many people in this forum, my online 90-day report was rejected twice over the past week or so.  After renewing my 'retirement' visa at CW and updating my TM 30 there, IO assured me that I would have no problem applying online (just like I did for a couple of years previously).  Did not happen.  Now I am strapped for time and don't fancy another treck to CW.  I will be leaving Thailand in a few weeks and so wonder if I can get away with not doing the report now as I won't be back for a few months.  Will I have a problem at the airport before leaving? Will I be penalised on my return and/or when I do the next 90-day report.

Thanks for clarifying

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

A 90 day report is exactly what it says on the tin. If you stay over 90 days you must report. If you leave before your 90 days is up, you don't.

The 90 days are reset when you re-enter Thailand

Thanks.  The issue though is that I did not go in person to report after it was rejected online twice.  It was dur a couple of days ago.  I will be leaving for holidays in 4 weeks so what will happen at the airport? and will I be penalised if, when applying again in a few months?  ie will they know I missed the current one and ask me to pay the 2000 baht penalty.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Brian K said:

Thanks.  The issue though is that I did not go in person to report after it was rejected online twice.  It was dur a couple of days ago.  I will be leaving for holidays in 4 weeks so what will happen at the airport? and will I be penalised if, when applying again in a few months?  ie will they know I missed the current one and ask me to pay the 2000 baht penalty.

you still have a couple days to report after the due date. I have never heard of being penalised if coming a few days after the due date. It happened to me once also, I was a week late and did not have to pay any fines. 

17 hours ago, Brian K said:

Like many people in this forum, my online 90-day report was rejected twice over the past week or so.  After renewing my 'retirement' visa at CW and updating my TM 30 there, IO assured me that I would have no problem applying online (just like I did for a couple of years previously).  Did not happen.  Now I am strapped for time and don't fancy another treck to CW.  I will be leaving Thailand in a few weeks and so wonder if I can get away with not doing the report now as I won't be back for a few months.  Will I have a problem at the airport before leaving? Will I be penalised on my return and/or when I do the next 90-day report.

Thanks for clarifying

Brian K, Kannikap has given you the correct advice. Many of the other comments are irrelevant as they haven't read your original post correctly. You are leaving Thailand BEFORE the current 90-day is due for renewal, so your entry BACK INTO THAILAND will automatically activate a NEW 90-DAY with no penalties providing you note the NEW 90-day date.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Brian K said:

you can do the report 7 days late in person, its quite simple really report is due every 90 days you are in Thailand, the report in person can be 14 days early and 7 days late, there is 3 thing associated with long term stay in Thailand 90 day report, tm30 and extension renewal, is it too difficult to understand and do these 3 things

OP is not clear, is he leaving before or after the end of a 90 day stay? The post title indicates before, but the post text indicates after, without stating exactly how many days over. All above advice seems good. My experience is I have never stayed more than 90 days on any one visa (though I've stayed more than 90 consecutive days on multiple consecutive visas / extensions), I've never filed TM47, and never had any issues coming or going.

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

A 90 day report is exactly what it says on the tin. If you stay over 90 days you must report. If you leave before your 90 days is up, you don't.

The 90 days are reset when you re-enter Thailand

Could someone explain why this answer get a "sad" emoticon, while it is 100% pertinent? Mysteries of AN and inability to overcome one's animosities?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:

Brian K, Kannikap has given you the correct advice. Many of the other comments are irrelevant as they haven't read your original post correctly. You are leaving Thailand BEFORE the current 90-day is due for renewal, so your entry BACK INTO THAILAND will automatically activate a NEW 90-DAY with no penalties providing you note the NEW 90-day date.

Maybe this wasn't clear in my original post.  My 90 day report was due on 19 April.  So it looks like I will be ok leaving the country in a few weeks and may have to pay the penalty when I submit again the 90-day report after my return

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, ibjoe said:

OP is not clear, is he leaving before or after the end of a 90 day stay? The post title indicates before, but the post text indicates after, without stating exactly how many days over. All above advice seems good. My experience is I have never stayed more than 90 days on any one visa (though I've stayed more than 90 consecutive days on multiple consecutive visas / extensions), I've never filed TM47, and never had any issues coming or going.

Report date was 19 April so leaving much later

13 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Could someone explain why this answer get a "sad" emoticon, while it is 100% pertinent? Mysteries of AN and inability to overcome one's animosities?

About 90 percent of the posts I make get the "confused" emoji.

There are plenty of dullards on AN but most of it is trolling behavior.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Doesn't he need a re-entry permit?  I've always thought one was needed when leaving the country on a 1 year Visa extension.  My understanding was when returning with a re-entry permit the 90 days would start over on day of arrival.  I may be wrong but what is the purpose of a re-entry permit then?

• Agree 1