Deye inverter 5kw. Is there a catch?

I seen you can buy Deye inverter on lazada and its advertised as PEA approved. Has zero export feature. My question is a feature or is it forced by PEA so you cannot export?
I wanna be able to export to keep my bill close to zero.

i almost decided to go ahead with solar system got nice quote from Facebook group seller. 12 x 450w n type  panels of my choice with deye inverter installed on my  high roof for 113 000B . i think it sounds great. I think i will skip battery for now. i might do DiY battery for half the of price later

15 minutes ago, mateusz1945 said:

Has zero export feature. My question is a feature or is it forced by PEA so you cannot export?

The inverter is able to export quite happily, whether PEA are happy about it or not is a different animal.

PEA don't force the inverter to do anything, you can turn export on/off or configure just how much or how little it does from the inverter menus.

I'm just about to order several of these units coz we've outgrown our 5kW Sofar hybrid and the Deye allows you to run parallel on the UPS output.

• Love It 1

21 minutes ago, mateusz1945 said:

I wanna be able to export to keep my bill close to zero.

You can only get export credit if you are on the PEA feed-in-tariff or you spin a disk-type meter backwards (naughty).

• Love It 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I'm just about to order several of these units coz we've outgrown our 5kW Sofar hybrid and the Deye allows you to run parallel on the UPS output.

they can run in parallel? that is a great news because i left  exactly half of roof space open. i feel like a genius now.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mateusz1945 said:

they can run in parallel? that is a great news because i left  exactly half of roof space open. i feel like a genius now.

You can run at least 6 in parallel :smile: