Still Confused About Some Vis Rules....

Hi everybody,

As i live here for several years on Non Immigr O and Non Immigr B visa, there has come an end on it now (temporary)... So in 2 weeks my 1 year visa (included "extra bonus" of 3 months...) expires and i have to go out to apply for a 3 month visa abroad... Probably i will go again to Penaing as this is close and easy...

I just had a look on this site : http://www.thaivisa.com/visa/tourist-visa.html

But still i have some questions...:

** In the 3rd paragraph they write like this :" Most western countries does not need a Tourist visa. Complete country list."

=> As far as i know, is this not intended for a VOA (visa on arrival) ? Or am i wrong ?

** 2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Air ticket or eTicket paid in full

- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

=> Do they really ask at any Thai consulate (like Penang) to show an airticket paid in full ??

=> Do they ask at the same place, or at the airport when i will return from Penang, to show those financial means ?? Of course i have this, no problem, i'm only wondering....

** Is the visa fee still 25 USD as the Dollar is very week ?

** "4. VALIDITY OF A VISA

The validity of a visa is three months. That means that you must utilize your visa within 30 days. "

=> Can somebody explain me this please ?

** Passport holders who can enter Thailand without visa

Wednesday, 18 October 2006

15 = Can enter 15 days as tourists (Visa on arrival)

30 = Can enter 30 days as tourists (max 90 days in 6 months)

0 = Must apply for visa before travelling to Thailand.

15 = Can enter 15 days as tourists (Visa on arrival)

30 = Can enter 30 days as tourists (max 90 days in 6 months)

0 = Must apply for visa before travelling to Thailand[/b]

=> I'm from Belgium and 49 years old, i still have to wait 9 months to apply for a retirement visa....

But i'm really wondering if now these days one can still stay 90 days in 6 months by doing 2 border runs WITHOUT showing a ticket that i should leave the Kingdom witin 30 days..??? Still confused about that !!

If i have to show a ticket when i come in on a VOA, can i do for example this :

I want to go for 4-7 days to Sihanoukville in Cambodia, and while i come back in Thailand on a VOA i show Immigration a busticket to, let's say, Phmom Penh or Vientiane that i bought in advance, would they accept it IF they ask for a ticket ???

==> Hey Lopburi3 and George, i know these are a lot of questions, but i'm sure many of the Forum readers have similar questions and would be happy to see an answer on those questions, don't you think so ?

Thanks in advance !!

Robin

The requirement for visa exempt entry (not VOA) is 10k in cash and onward ticketed travel. Normally neither of these items were checked but currently the ticket seems to be checked often at airport and some border points and cash may or may not be checked.

There is currently a bus ticket option (specified ticket/agent) that is being used on the Cambodian border. Tomorrow may be different.

Visa fees for all currencies have increased in the last week or two.

You normally have 90 days from issue date to use a single entry visa.

The requirement for visa exempt entry (not VOA) is 10k in cash and onward ticketed travel. Normally neither of these items were checked but currently the ticket seems to be checked often at airport and some border points and cash may or may not be checked.

There is currently a bus ticket option (specified ticket/agent) that is being used on the Cambodian border. Tomorrow may be different.

Visa fees for all currencies have increased in the last week or two.

You normally have 90 days from issue date to use a single entry visa.

Thanks Lopburi3 for your info !

Robin