Thai Woman Files Lawsuit Against Police for Invasive Drug Search

snoop1130

27570522370_c5c09b7aab_c.jpg

A 61-year-old Thai woman, known as Pook, has accused police officers in Nonthaburi province, near Bangkok, of unethical conduct during a drugs search. She alleges that without presenting any evidence, the officers implicated her in a drug case and physically harmed her during their search.

Pook, along with her 35-year-old son, Siraphat, enlisted the help of lawyer Kiattikhun Tonyang to file a lawsuit against 15 police officers, led by Police Lieutenant Colonel R. She reported that the officers arrived at her home on April 20, claiming to be from the Office of Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) and demanding to search her for drugs.

Reacting to a request for a search warrant, Police Lieutenant Colonel R insisted it was not necessary as they were searching Pook, not her property. When Siraphat asked to see their ONCB identification, Colonel R’s card showed he was from Provincial Police Region 1, not the ONCB.

Despite proving her innocence through a body and bag search, Pook was ordered to undress by a female officer who then conducted an intimate search without gloves. No illicit items were found, and the police left.

Siraphat confessed his fears to their lawyer, suspecting that a previous visit his mother made to a neighbor, whose son is a drug dealer, could have sparked suspicion. While he recognized the potential dubiousness of the encounter, he felt that the police should have conducted a thorough investigation before feeling justified to carry out such a search.

Pook was left humiliated by the ordeal, experiencing physical discomfort as a result of the invasive search. Their lawyer agreed, arguing that the police had not followed correct procedures. He plans to charge the team for illegally performing their duties and trespassing.

Police Lieutenant Colonel R defended his team, claiming they received information about local drug sales which led them to conduct searches on suspicious individuals. Though he admitted that they pursued Pook into her house when she ran away, he maintains they never had intentions of entering her property. He also rejected the claim that he was not a member of the ONCB, presenting his police card to the media as evidence and contending that the search was lawfully conducted.

Caption: Creative Common License via Google

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-04-25

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

intimate search without gloves

Oh dear, slipping the fingers up the bum without gloves on, not nice. 

I'd be looking at disowning the son, I reckon the gloveless inspection was brought about by the sons drug activities. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Oh dear, slipping the fingers up the bum without gloves on, not nice. 

I'd be looking at disowning the son, I reckon the gloveless inspection was brought about by the sons drug activities. 

Learn to read, it wasn't her son but the son of a neighbor.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Learn to read, it wasn't her son but the son of a neighbor.

You need to learn to keep quiet. 

'Pook, along with her 35-year-old son' 

I'm reading between the lines, I bet her son has something to do with it. 

My opinion, I'm allowed to make an opinion.

Now, go and anoy someone else. 

Geeze, some people have nothing else to do that annoy people here. 

Get a life. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You need to learn to keep your mouth shut 

'Pook, along with her 35-year-old son' 

I'm reading between the lines, I bet her son has something to do with it. 

My opinion, I'm allowed to make an opinion.

Now, go and anoy someone else. 

Geeze, some people have nothing else to do that annoy people here. 

Get a life. 

"a previous visit his mother made to a neighbor, whose son is a drug dealer, could have sparked suspicion."

You are not reading between the lines, you are making things up.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"a previous visit his mother made to a neighbor, whose son is a drug dealer, could have sparked suspicion."

You are not reading between the lines, you are making things up.

Hello, is anyone there? You do understand that most of the comments on AN forums are made up. 

So you have special powers, power of telepathy, saying I am making things up. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1