Executive Arrested for Drunk Driving and Attacking Police in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

A senior company executive in Bangkok has been arrested for drunk driving and assaulting a police officer. The incident took place early Tuesday at a sobriety checkpoint in the Suan Luang district.

According to police, the unnamed executive drove a black Mercedes-Benz and had a blood alcohol content of 104 milligrammes, exceeding the legal limit.

When approached by officers for arrest, she verbally abused them, filmed the incident, and kicked a deputy inspector in the face. Despite her resistance, the police reportedly managed to apprehend her. The officer suffered minor injuries from her attack.

This arrest isn't the executive's first run-in with law enforcement for impaired driving, as she faced similar charges in 2022. After her arrest, she confessed to drunk driving but denied obstructing the officers.

The Suan Luang Police Station is currently collecting evidence to verify the additional charges she denies.

Picture: Creative Commons License via Bing

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-04-26

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

When approached by officers for arrest, she verbally abused them, filmed the incident, and kicked a deputy inspector in the face. Despite her resistance, the police reportedly managed to apprehend her. The officer suffered minor injuries from her attack.

Do you know who I think I am....

• Haha 1

I've been pulled twice in the last few weeks. Thank heavens I went dry years ago. They put the straw on me the first time. The second, I was weeded out from a whole queue of bikes and cars. "Dink mai?". "Who me, guv?". "Ok, you go". And go I did. Gotta love the police here!

On a separate note. I was in my lawyer's office today. A conveyancing job. But we got talking. She says every day she has to go to court to defend foreigners, at least 2 or 3 a day. She doesn't do criminal, just civil, usually claims and counter claims after RTAs. D and D. Drink driving. All the stuff you read about here.

Scary thought though. I figured fear is a man's best friend. She agreed. Arrested, held for 21 days, passport withheld, visa expires, and so it goes on. It's all your problem.

Why dont they issue stickers for these VIP's.   That way the public and police can just ignore their criminality because it always seems to be a waste of the police and the courts time because they never pay for their crimes.  The sticker could just have a pic of Thaksins face, thats all,  as everybody already knows what it represents.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1