Man Utd fan Littler wins in Liverpool despite boos

CharlieH

image.png

Teenager Luke Littler won his third night of the Premier League season with a comfortable 6-2 win over Rob Cross in Liverpool.

Littler has become a fan favourite across the UK, but with the 17-year-old a fan of Manchester United he was roundly booed by the 8,500-capacity crowd.

He played up to it though, often cupping his hands to his ears, and signalling 2-0 to the crowd ahead of his quarter-final in response to Liverpool's defeat at Everton on Wednesday.

Littler, who beat Gerwyn Price and Nathan Aspinall to reach the final, raced into a five-leg lead in the final before seeing out the win after a brief Cross fightback.

Littler tops the table from world champion Luke Humphries and is now practically assured of his place in the play-offs at London's O2 Arena on 23 May.

"I knew what was coming this week and I was building up to it," Littler told Sky Sports.

"I always engage with the crowd and the semi-final I was playing with complete freedom.

"I just felt comfortable tonight. I knew what was coming and I was glad to win."

READ MORE

sPORT-bbc.png