Switching from AA World to AOC or other broker

I have April (France) health insurance policy and considering switch to AOC. Has anyone else done this, for what reason, and what has been your experience with AOC, esp. in helping with claims, etc.?

Thanks. 

I'm in the process of doing the same, switching to another broker though not AOC, and I will complete the process once I get back to Thailand.

The reason for the switch is that I'm not entirely comfortable dealing with the AA office in India to have my questions answered. I've not needed the agent's help with claims so I have no opinion of that. Passport Card/Allianz has been pretty easy to deal with directly.

19 hours ago, malathione said:

I'm in the process of doing the same, switching to another broker though not AOC, and I will complete the process once I get back to Thailand.

The reason for the switch is that I'm not entirely comfortable dealing with the AA office in India to have my questions answered. I've not needed the agent's help with claims so I have no opinion of that. Passport Card/Allianz has been pretty easy to deal with directly.

My reason for switch is the same. Which broker are you switching to, and how did you decide on that? You have had good experience with Passport Card/Allianz re coverage, annual (and increasing) premiums, claims, etc.? Thanks.

20 hours ago, david_je said:

My reason for switch is the same. Which broker are you switching to, and how did you decide on that? You have had good experience with Passport Card/Allianz re coverage, annual (and increasing) premiums, claims, etc.? Thanks.

I'm switching to Pacific Prime simply because a close friend uses them and he has had nothing but praise for them. I, too, have found them easy to deal with thus far. Passport Card have been surprisingly good, both with pre-scheduled surgeries as well as with claims for a couple of emergency room visits. That said, they've raised the premium quite randomly and substantially these last three years claiming inflation.

On 4/29/2024 at 6:05 AM, malathione said:

I'm switching to Pacific Prime simply because a close friend uses them and he has had nothing but praise for them. I, too, have found them easy to deal with thus far. Passport Card have been surprisingly good, both with pre-scheduled surgeries as well as with claims for a couple of emergency room visits. That said, they've raised the premium quite randomly and substantially these last three years claiming inflation.

@david_je         I was with Passport Card until they wacked upp the premium 30% about 2-3 years ago and then switched to April International. I had been dealing with AA here but also declined to deal with AA World so currently no broker.

If you look at some of the previous April threads on here Sheryl found a French broker that appeared to tick the boxes and his details - in fact just found them if you use this link and go down to her post on Oct 19th - https://aseannow.com/topic/1306387-april-international-some-premium-increase-analysis/page/2/#comments in case you are interested.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:55 PM, topt said:

@david_je         I was with Passport Card until they wacked upp the premium 30% about 2-3 years ago and then switched to April International. I had been dealing with AA here but also declined to deal with AA World so currently no broker.

If you look at some of the previous April threads on here Sheryl found a French broker that appeared to tick the boxes and his details - in fact just found them if you use this link and go down to her post on Oct 19th - https://aseannow.com/topic/1306387-april-international-some-premium-increase-analysis/page/2/#comments in case you are interested.

Unfortunately April premiums gone way up also.

The French broker is AOC, and I have switched to them, and so far they are good to deal with.