Chinese modern furniture shops in bangkok?

Andyfez

Can anyone recommend Chinese modern furniture shops in Bangkok, Chatuchak or Nonthaburi?

Not the traditional stuff, I'm after modern furniture that you often see advertised on places like tiktok but I'd like to buy it in Bangkok.

Something a little bit different to Index furniture.....

Thanks

So, I am not crystal clear about what you are actually looking for.

However, you just state Chinese Modern...

So, is this what you mean?

image.png.5db2fca4ecccb45e82caa7854be2f210.png

image.png.2ffaee9e475af492b7a5e3e2237aae88.png

image.png.4ed3fc970aeb17f4382c5612cd903f46.png

image.png.71e375faaee29511297eaf3b562b0038.png

image.png.9fc1674e124b66c6b56a3d70b8e93ad2.png

Well....

I LOVE this...

And, it's to die for.

But, do you think I can afford it?

image.png.e37e23d4f15d1fe73613f0daf99c008d.png

image.png.7a07346f3edf40ab38047750359a19a2.png

image.png.5d5600503599d6f56bf13a1ee8c6175f.png

• Like 1

Although no one usually likes to buy overseas and import furniture for their personal use, still this might be the best/lowest-cost way to get what one wants at a more affordable price.

I once purchased furniture from ZhongShan, China, where there are many furniture factories.  If one can find an import broker, then maybe contact some companies in ZhongShan, and have the stuff one likes shipped over to Thailand.  Dealing with Chinese companies, these days, is not as difficult as it once was, in the days of TELEXES.....

image.png.04a65ec36350bca77c0ee2b9786aa864.png

26 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

...as you type into your "Made in China" device, phone, PC, laptop, tablet.

Never said, I did not have. Just said, I would not recommend.

21 minutes ago, tpkhk said:

Have a look at Agal.  They also custom make stuff.

https://www.agal.co.th/agalproducts

Likely on the pricier end ... 

Nice stuff!

And, I really LIKE the website....

(I wonder if the webhosting server for this site can be improved in some way so that the site is more responsive. Why?  Because the site includes many interesting images, and it would be nice if they would load faster.  Very nice website!)

If I bought many of the designs available from this company, then I would need to quickly buy a new house.

It's not that I do not have wood floors, but I would prefer my house to be of more-traditional construction.

(Such a beautiful Website)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

Agree, the website is slow.  Today seems to be loading faster (or maybe that's just me).  Their FB page is advertising a sale throughout May (ie. opening a new showroom) on Ram Indra 23.  (AGALDECOR).

I saw a modern condo decorated head to tail with their stuff.  Was nice, but felt a bit too much....but maybe that's just me.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:04 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Maybe refer to this link, and then search for importers in BKK which might have pieces already imported to Bangkok in showrooms:

image.png.5138fffa22c7f5f0834e749d8f156d31.png

https://www.chinadesigncentre.com/works/jeff-dayu-shi-bamboo-furniture-master-who-designs-with-kindness.html

https://www.chinadesigncentre.com/cdc_features/best-contemporary-chinese-furniture.html

image.png.e40e35cde8a857e4eb5f63827d10a15a.png

Impressive !  A horizontal table !

• Sad 1

You are quite right and I humbly withdraw my  facetious poor effort .

Apart from major reservations about the CCP I have no real criticisms over things China.

Traditionally and historically the Orientals have demonstrated both art and ingenuity on a scale of complexity still being rediscovered.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

You are quite right and I humbly withdraw my  facetious poor effort .

Apart from major reservations about the CCP I have no real criticisms over things China.

Traditionally and historically the Orientals have demonstrated both art and ingenuity on a scale of complexity still being rediscovered.

Well, I am perfectly OK with facetiousness, satire, irony, and parody, and understatement, etc.

I just worry that others here might get the wrong idea.

Note:  Concerning the term 'Orientals", I think this is now frowned upon.  As is Orientalism, too.  But, I am OK with it, of course.

image.png.0adc5999f1ed1338593f1c5ac7f100b0.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

It  has been my lifelong understanding that Oriental in a vague exclusive form applies to the populations of the Asian continent of direct Chinese racial origin as opposed to the more generalized distinct race populations of East/South East Asia.

In that regard the people of Mongolia, Tibet and greater China are oriental. The mountains of the Himalayas create a divide which denotes Asian  denotation to Nepalese, Indians  etc and thus  South East East Asian  by geographical location to the majority of the "list".

There does exist a point of  confusion when it comes to such as the archipelago nation of Indonesia in particular.

In racial terms established by dna measures would suggest the eastward islands of Indonesia are originally historically populated  by Melanesian/Papuan races who are racially not Asian except by terms of Nationality as are now.

In recent times there have been declarations by Chinese racial exponents that the "original" Chinese have no dna  markers in any other  race. An arrogant xenophobic claim?