Looking for a physiotherapist / sports therapist

csaba81

I'm starting to develop an issue with one of my knees. It's far from being anything problematic for me yet. I'm looking for someone competent to make a diagnosis and perhaps how I may be able to manage it. If you've had a positive experience with a practitioner somewhere in Chiang Mai, then I'd appreciate any contact info.

"I'm starting to develop an issue with one of my knees."

In what way ? any problem going up or down steps, or both ?

when are you feeling the problem?

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

"I'm starting to develop an issue with one of my knees."

In what way ? any problem going up or down steps, or both ?

when are you feeling the problem?

Well if your interested, it benefits me to explain as I'll have to do that for the practitioner at some point unless they can diagnose the issue with a hands on approach..

Started with a mild but sharp pain when I was changing sheets! That feeling passed in a few moments but since then something constantly hasn't felt normal. I don't feel any pain when doing body weight exercise, going up or down stairs or walking (haven't done any jogging or sprinting since then). But there is always a feeling of fullness around the bottom of the kneecap and a tingling. Any day that I do a lot of walking, afterwards the is a throbbing and feeling of warmth in the area which passes after a few hours. At no point do I feel what I would describe as pain, whether I'm being active or not.

I don't know if the issue is somewhere in the joint, the large tendon that connects with the kneecap or with supporting ligaments. There is definitely what I would describe as reduced stability in the joint. ie it seem 'loose' somehow. Sometimes I get a more pronounced feeling like there is something stuck in my knee or a fullness, particularly when I'm walking. But if I pull my heel to my backside, quite often there is a good pop and that feeling subsides.

A few times I tried taking aspirin at night and applying AI cream. Then it always seemed better in the morning but after a while it comes back.

I think many people ignore warning signs until something irreversible happens. I love my exercise so I want to address this early.

Kudos if you've read this far!

i'm sure you will get a few more recommendations for this doctor .

see him at his own clinic near Rajawet hospital .... eves and sat morning

( i am about due to go to check out my knee (again ! ) 

what is your age ( just curious) .   probably younger than me (73 )

Dr.Chanakarn - Orthopaedics Clinic, Chiang Mai. Tel : (+66) 53 204 545 (+66) 6

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I second Dr Chanakarn. He recently dealt with my long lasting Achilles tendon issue by prescribing anti inflammatory and muscle relaxant tablets plus stretching and walking modification exercises. After 4 months it is almost totally resolved at a cost of a few thousand baht, compared to a surgery proposal by a top line hospital at a cost of 130000 thb. Oh, he is also team doctor to the national sports team so he knows what he id doing. His clinic is very busy and does not take appointments but I highly recommend a visit. Google Maps is your friend.

• Thanks 1