Report retirement extension CW, bank method

Surreal experience today. Had booked on-line (can only be done 3-5 weeks ahead and fills up quickly) but arrived ca 2.5 hours before the appointed time. Place was largely deserted with banks closed. Collected a TM.7 with attached forms (where you confirm your address, acknowledge the terrible things that will happen to you if you overstay or work, etc) from the front desk and filled in the forms. Trip to one of the copy shops downstairs. Decided to take a gamble and went to the que desk, showed my on-line appointment. A very friendly lady said no need to wait 2h, gave me a que number and send me to counter L-27 for the 'document check'. Just as last year this took only about a minute, they just seem to check if the main items are there and that you have filled in everything. Wrote a counter number on my TM.7 (not the one for the on-line appointment) and there I was helped immediately by a rather cheerfull IO.  Here it took only 15-20 mins to check the papers, make 500 or so signatures , take a pic and pay the fee. After another 10 min got my passport back with the signed extension. From arriving at the que desk to walking out took exactly 30 min but obviously this was a rather unusual day. 

Handed in were:

-TM.7 (application form) with one pic.

-Passport and copies of relevant pages

-Bank letter (one day old, they confirmed it can be up to 7 calender days old but you need to update your passbook at the day of application)

-Bankbook and copies of front page and transactions going back 13 months or so.

-Hand drawn map of apartment location (yes they kept this and had me sign it)

-Copy of last 90-day report (TM.47)

-1,900 B

Now usually the bankletter came with an additional balance sheet for the previous 3 months but this time it only covered the past month. The IO outlined the transactions over the previous 3 months in red on the copy of my bankbook. Note that depending on your circumstances (maybe hiring from a private landlord, having a large number of transactions in your bankbook which are sometimes 'pooled' , etc..) they may ask for additional papers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

samut prakarn immigration old office before april

arrived at 2 pm, got 30 people in front of me

everybody, tourist, marriage, retirement, all handled by 1 desk and one desk only

the other 12 pushing fingers and the occasional agent with 5-10 passports took the needed time

at 4.30 pm they decided to open a second desk, wow

at 5.30 pm , was my turn, to hear as I changed banks

but kept 400k alive as demanded

and bank statements of both banks 

12 months for the old one, to show the 800k last year, kept for 3 months, got down to 400k on both, switched to 800k of the new bank, for at least 3 months

bank letter of new bank

to hear I had to go get a bank letter, not statements only, of the old bank, that held only a few thousand baht, or no extension

had to run in the hope the bank was still open and rush back with the needed paper...

had updated bank book of both, deposited 100 baht on both

but without a useless bank letter of the old bank , just to state it was in my name, because 12 months bank statements, in my name, was not enough 

great service, right...

Edited by john donson

On 5/1/2024 at 2:35 PM, cormanr7 said:

Here it took only 15-20 mins to check the papers, make 500 or so signatures ,

Tomorrow is renew visa day. As I recall I have to sign each and every copy of each and every document I photocopied, is this correct? The signature is simply at the bottom of the page?

14 minutes ago, marin said:

Tomorrow is renew visa day. As I recall I have to sign each and every copy of each and every document I photocopied, is this correct? The signature is simply at the bottom of the page?

That's what I did, no comments received so must have been OK.  Blue ink.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, marin said:

As hinted above many IO's insist on blue ink for all form inputs/signatures!

PS;  They have not yet worked out that there are colour copiers/printers and cameras around now!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

As hinted above many IO's insist on blue ink for all form inputs/signatures!

PS;  They have not yet worked out that there are colour copiers/printers and cameras around now!

Well all I can say in response is that it has clearly never dawned on those dimwits in His Majesty's Passport Office who insist on us Brits completing their wretched passport renewal form in only BLACK ink that monochrome copiers/printers and cameras have been around for nearly 100 years now!

• Like 1