Type Orh Negative Blood

alleypanda

PLEASE NOTE: REQUEST FOR BLOOD NO LONGER URGENTLY NEEDED

Thread closed

CRITICALLY URGENT:Type ORH Negative blood required

An Australian citizen has been injured in a motorcycle accident and there is a critical life saving need for ORH negative blood. Local hospitals have been unable to source a supply. The one donor on the Embassy register is currently out of the country.

If anybody knows of a donor who has this type of blood, would you please contact:

Johnson Oshana

Vice Consul

Australian Embassy

Ph: 02 287 2680 extn: 3105

Mob: 01 810 5308

Rob Bridge

Executive Director

AustCham Thailand

20th Floor, Thai CC Tower

889 South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120 Thailand

Tel. +66 (0) 2210-0216-8

Fax. +66 (0) 2675-6696

E-mail: [email protected]

Web Page: www.austchamthailand.com

Edited by george

Being both a kiwi and aussie citizen, I received emails from the respective embassies asking for blood.I just received another email from the NZL emabssy and unfortuantely the individual requiring the blood has now passed away.

I don't really want to turn this into something negative, however I would have thought that the person who made the original post might have come back and advised that there was no longer a need for this blood.

If they had time to send out e-mails to this effect they should have had time to close out the loop on the forum.

I'm O negative and pass thru Thailand about three times a year. I know my "universal donor" blood type is rare in LOS. Are there any national collection organizations (like the Red Cross here in the States) where I can register or give blood when I am in country? I'd be glad to help when I am in Thailand, but not really sure how to proceed? Any suggestions from those who might know?

Yeah, well john b you surely have made your negative point. How about turning it into something positive for the next time instead?

~WISteve

I don't really want to turn this into something negative, however I would have thought that the person who made the original post might have come back and advised that there was no longer a need for this blood.

If they had time to send out e-mails to this effect they should have had time to close out the loop on the forum.

Have some compassion John, origional poster obviously greiving, may have been family or freind.

Realy sorry nobody could of helped.