Flights To America from BKK (Specifically layover in Tapei)

39 minutes ago, placnx said:

There is a new airline called Starlux. It flies from Chiang Mai and Bangkok to LAX, SFO, SEA. They have a deal with Alaska Airlines for onward flights from Seattle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlux_Airlines

Connection time may depend on the days selected. I didn't check RT, OW was Bht 20000 for economy and 40000 for premium economy. The planes are new Airbuses.

took them last year..not bad still working out the kinks..no complaints....would use again but EVA for the win

5 hours ago, Tomio said:

I've flown the LAX Row BKk route on EVA so many times on Business class that I've had a Star Alliance Gold card for many years. The worst part was having to fly out of and into LAX, absolutely the worst airport. Then I discovered that China Airlines had a flight that goes thru TPE that starts in Ontario, about 50 miles from LAX. A world of difference not having to deal with LAX. Price wise EVA and China Airlines are pretty close and I have to admit that EVA is on top regarding quality and service

But flying out of and into Ontario rather than LAX, makes my decision very easy. I'll be flying out of Ontario next week using my brand new LTR WP visa 

side note on LAX as i always jump to LOS from there....I flew into LAX days ago and they FINALLY finished the contruction SO i no longer have to go outside from domestic to intern term B.....they have it all enclosed so when i went thru TSA in DC and flew to LAX i walked the new indoor gate to Terminal B...without going thru TSA again....15 min walk.....so much easier!!

I just booked this same route, BKK->TPE->LAX. There is an earlier flight out of BKK that makes this a 5 hour layover.  I was checking and China airlines is late a lot from bkk->TPE so you will miss that connection. 

Eva’s Business class is fantastic and the have some longer layovers in TPE.  Their Business class lounge is outstanding.

On 5/5/2024 at 12:23 PM, impulse said:

Folks suggesting EVA may not be considering the price.  I've been getting amazing prices on Chinese airlines post Covid. 

My buttcheeks pucker for any int'l transfer less than 2 hours.  Great if everything goes right, but there's a lot of places to get tripped up and end up sleeping in the airport.

I've flown thru Taipei with EVA in both directions many times on the US to BKK routes. My typical scheduled layover there has been 3 hours, sometimes 4.

But even if it had been shorter, the transfers on EVA for US to BKK flights are all within the same terminal, not very far to walk, and their security measures are pretty efficient and speedy in my experience.

A person probably could make the connecting flight with a full one hour layover. But 2 hours would be safer and more relaxing.

6 hours ago, NORDO said:

Eva’s Business class is fantastic and the have some longer layovers in TPE.  Their Business class lounge is outstanding.

I like EVA, and it has been my airline of choice to LAX for a number of years, but what are you comparing their business class and lounge to?  

I usually take EVA or China Airlines to the U.S., which every ticket was cheaper. I agree EVA was a better experience. Next I am trying the new Starlux Airlines business class. Looks amazing. 

On 5/4/2024 at 6:40 PM, gargamon said:

Fly EVA, not China. Much better service IMO and I've flown both many times. And spring for premium economy if you can.

I agree. EVA is good. Also Korean is good.

I've taken Starlux (Taiwan) a couple of times, and the experiences were good. TPE (Taoyuan) Airport is very nice, each gate with a beautiful theme. Once the arriving flight was late, at the arriving gate staff ran us through the airport to connecting flight. I was concerned about luggage also connecting, but no issues. My EVA experience was also good. ANA and Cathay were okay.