Phoenix Group Holdings bid/offer spread.

I am considering buying some shares in LSEG listed company PHNX --- who are paying an excellent dividend.

Upon researching this company, I find that many sites are showing yesterday's bid price as 488p and an offer price of 550p --- a spread of 62p! Surely this cannot be correct, am I misreading the sites' data?

N.B. The figures quoted are not stated as the day's --- or the year's lows/highs, but the enormous spread suggests such.

2 hours ago, 5davidhen1 said:

I am considering buying some shares in LSEG listed company PHNX --- who are paying an excellent dividend.

Upon researching this company, I find that many sites are showing yesterday's bid price as 488p and an offer price of 550p --- a spread of 62p! Surely this cannot be correct, am I misreading the sites' data?

N.B. The figures quoted are not stated as the day's --- or the year's lows/highs, but the enormous spread suggests such.

I guess that was  because the market had closed when you checked the price.

Phoenix closed yesterday at around 508p, it is a pretty liquid stock with an average daily volume of c 3million shares and it generally trades with a fairly tight spread ie 1 or 2p. 

When the market is open again (around 2pm Thai Time) you should see a more normal spread.

• Like 1