Police Officer Arrested for Involvement in Kidnapping

49 minutes ago, JoePai said:

raised concerns about corruption within the police force   :cheesy:

i honestly didn't even see your comment until after i posted mine ...

great minds think alike   !

12 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

What about all the people who had open cases that were depending on him her for his her investigation work. He She was working leads.

Fixed it.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A policewoman was arrested on 19 May for her alleged involvement

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A policewoman was arrested on 19 May for her alleged involvement in the kidnapping and ransom of an Indonesian man in Phatthalung province earlier this month. According to local authorities, the incident has raised concerns about corruption within the police force.

On 11 May, 29-year-old Syawana, an Indonesian national, was abducted and assaulted by three Thai men. His captors demanded a ransom of 2.3 million baht from his family, with 800,000 baht already transferred before police intervened.

Syawana was rescued on 15 May from a house in Phatthalung by officers from the Mueang Phatthalung Police Station. At the site, police apprehended the three kidnappers, Rusawan, Saidee, and Weerasak, who were allegedly connected to Chaowalit “Paeng” Thongduang, a significant prisoner who recently escaped from jail in Nakhon Si Thammarat. The house where Syawana was held reportedly belonged to Paeng’s wife.

During interrogations, suspect Weerasak implicated a police officer, claiming that she orchestrated the kidnapping and directed the suspects to demand money from Syawana’s family. Surveillance footage confirmed the involvement of Police Senior Sergeant Major Ploenpit, aged 45.

Ploenpit, arrested in Surat Thani province, has denied all allegations and is not cooperating with the authorities. She intends to contest the charges in court. Meanwhile, the court has denied her bail request, and she remains in custody pending further legal proceedings.

Superintendent Jumphon Liamkaew of the Mueang Phatthalung Police Station assured the public that the investigation would be meticulous and thorough. Given the serious nature of the allegations, authorities are keen to ensure justice is served and restore public confidence, while also considering the potential impact on Thailand’s diplomatic relationship with Indonesia.

Picture courtesy Facebook: ไสว รุยันต์

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

800.000 divided by 3.

Not a good margin for rotting in jail🙏

6 hours ago, webfact said:

the incident has raised concerns about corruption within the police force.

No! Really?

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

i honestly didn't even see your comment until after i posted mine ...

great minds think alike   !

There was only one possible response, and it has been pretty much universal. She was just another member of the RTP who misunderstood her job description, which was to prevent crime rather than being paid to commit it. Easy mistake to make, I suppose. If you are Thai.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

According to local authorities, the incident has raised concerns about corruption within the police force.

Nah Must be fake news, how could anybody think that about our Horrible Honorable ROYAL Police.