Donation of Books?

tamsam6

I'd like to know where to donate English books, such as complete trilogy sets, novels, etc.

Is there a Prison reading library?
Not looking to make any money from this

Hundreds of books.

You could donate to AUA if you’re in Chiang Mai or to your local library. I donate mine to Lamphun library although I will admit the library doesn’t seem to be used much.

• Thumbs Up 1

The British Women's Group runs a second hand book stall upstairs in the Royal Oak, Sukhumvit 33/1;  the proceeds are donated to selected good causes in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

I donate books to the Neilson Hayes Library in Silom in Bangkok.  They sell at their annual book sale.

Sometimes I just give old books to one of the used book stores in Bangkok.  The ones they don't want to try to sell, they just put on a "Free Books" table to attract customers. 

I once donated hundreds of wonderful books to the old AUA library in Bangkok before they moved to their new location. Many of the books I wanted to keep, but I just didn't have the space for them. So I thought that giving them all to a single library would allow me to access my books in the future should I wish to revisit them. When AUA moved into its new premises, I assumed they would take their library with them. When I visited the new location, I found that they hadn't. So I asked them what they had done with all the books. They said they sold them! This infuriated me, as I could have sold them myself, except that I wanted to maintain access to them while sharing them with others. I still haven't forgiven them for this.

• Thumbs Up 1