Panel to auction 15,000 tonnes of rice from Yingluck era

What happens to this old rice after the auction....does it get packaged and then sold on....is it checked for weevils....is it edible....will it be exported along with the other fine rice from Thailand?

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

What happens to this old rice after the auction....does it get packaged and then sold on....is it checked for weevils....is it edible....will it be exported along with the other fine rice from Thailand?

Presumably, if the rice is auctioned, then it will be delivered it to whomever bought it.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Earlier this week, the DMSc confirmed that rice samples tested by the Commerce Ministry were indeed safe for consumption. Nonetheless, scepticism persists among critics, who questioned whether the tested samples were genuinely from the two warehouses in Surin where the rice had been stored, reported Bangkok Post.

Looks too much like a disreputable secondhand car salesman for me ................LOL

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The rice is expected to be exported to Africa. We hope the auction will fetch a good price. Revenue from the sale will be returned to state coffers. I am glad the controversy over the rice has ended.”

All's well that ends well... with some money.

15 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that wearing a shirt that is covered in $ signs is probably not ideal when presenting a controversial sale.

The man has no morals.

22 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

is it checked for weevils

yes

is it edible

yes

will it be exported along with the other fine rice from Thailand

All rice varieties and conditions will likely be uniquely identifiable and separable (ie., bags) as they are sold in Thailand. I expect rice purchases headed to Africa will be consolidated in as few shipments as possible to minimize shipping costs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2024 at 2:33 PM, snoop1130 said:

the auction of 15,000 tonnes of rice remaining from the contentious rice-pledging scheme

Sold to you Sir, 15,000 tons of weevil infested "cr?p!

32,292 Auction Bidding Images, Stock Photos, 3D objects ...

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Will the proceeds go into Thaksin's or Yingluck's bank account?

A quote from the OP in case you missed it.

“The rice is expected to be exported to Africa. We hope the auction will fetch a good price. Revenue from the sale will be returned to state coffers. I am glad the controversy over the rice has ended.”

I underlined and bolded the relevant part.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

A quote from the OP in case you missed it.

I underlined and bolded the relevant part.

Right, that's Thaksin's bank account then! lol

• Haha 2

The Army has known where this rice is for ten years. They had their coup then decided, to let the rice rot. Perhaps the famers had already been paid, perhaps PThai or Yingluck could then claim a victory after the fact. Who knows?!

It must be the climate & smiles, as I always underestimate the sheer nasty vindictiveness, so central to Thai culture. It still amazes me after all these years.

• Thumbs Up 1