Putting new passport number on 5-year driver's license

I never even realized my passport number was on my driver's license until my bank declined to open a new account for me because my license had my OLD passport number on it.

If I go to DLT to put the new number on the license, will they need only the license and new passport, or will they want all the things they require for a new license (residence permit, etc.)?

Also please remind me:  In BKK, the license place is Building 4 at DLT?  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Thanks, but almost all the posts in that thread are some variation of "don't worry about it", "too much trouble", "no one will ever ask", "not necessary", etc.  My OP is clear that my bank did ask and said it is necessary for them if I want to open a new account with them. 

None of the posts in the thread says what DLT will require.

21 minutes ago, JTXR said:

will they need only the license and new passport

Original and Photocopy of the Passport photo page and current extension of stay

Original D.L.

THB 55/- Fees

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JTXR said:

Thanks, but almost all the posts in that thread are some variation of "don't worry about it", "too much trouble", "no one will ever ask", "not necessary", etc.  My OP is clear that my bank did ask and said it is necessary for them if I want to open a new account with them. 

None of the posts in the thread says what DLT will require.

I've opened 3 bank accounts without a driving licence

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've opened 3 bank accounts without a driving licence

Great.  I have too.  That doesn't solve my problem regarding this particular bank and this particular type of account.  Do you know anything about passport numbers on driver's licenses?

Edited by JTXR
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Curious why the bank saw your driving licence?

The bank uses it to check and verify your identity and eligibility. Thai driving license (if you have one). It is not a must but if you have it the bank will ask for it also as a way to check your identity.

Is a Thai DL considered ID?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

Great.  I have too.  That doesn't solve my problem regarding this particular bank and this particular type of account.  Do you know anything about passport numbers on driver's licenses?

the answer is further up the thread if you want to change the licence 

I assume you no longer have your old passport to show the bank.

Does your new passport not have an immigration stamp transferred from the old passport where it states the number of the old passport? If the bank takes a look at it, putting 2 and 2 together regarding your driving license should not be difficult.