Kl Delightful Hotel

mindweave

If you do go to KL for business or a visa run, I can suggest a really small, somewhat off the beaten path very sweet hotel called "Shah's Village." You can book online. They have free breakfast, a lovely pool, antique furnishings, and a decent restaurant. Also, down the road is an Indian curry restaurant that is open all night long. Room price is in the $30-$45 USD equivalent range in Malaysian ringetts.

If you do go to KL for business or a visa run, I can suggest a really small, somewhat off the beaten path very sweet hotel called "Shah's Village." You can book online. They have free breakfast, a lovely pool, antique furnishings, and a decent restaurant. Also, down the road is an Indian curry restaurant that is open all night long. Room price is in the $30-$45 USD equivalent range in Malaysian ringetts.

I'm sure it's a lovely hotel but it's in Petaling Jaya and not KL.

Or is there a new one?

thanks for the recommendation, though I doubt that many visitors to KL would like to stay at PJ far away from the city centre, when there is decent accomodation for the same price or less (45 Dollars is certainly not cheap) very near to Bukit Bintang, Chinatown or near KLCC.

Bangsar does have some small inexpensive clean guesthouses as well, and the nightlife is at your doorsteps there...

In March we stayed at the 5-star Regent (now re-christened the Millennium) right on Bukit Bintang for the grand price of 60 euros (booked via Asiatravel.com), and got UPGRADED to one of the most beautiful suites I've ever seen, let alone stayed in. Everything about the hotel was elegant and the service was really 1st class.

The hotel was supposedly undergoing refurbishment although there was no sign of that other than a faint paint smell near the front desk and some workers re-doing the mural near the pool. It was a great deal, and I imagine those prices are going through the roof in the next high season.

That price included a very fine buffet breakfast, by the way, which itself would have cost almost 60 euros for 2 people at many top hotels in the west.

I know 60 euros, 2500 baht is apparently no big deal for KL, but this was an extraordinary hotel for that price all the same, compared to other hotels of this caliber in that district.

Can anyone recommend a decent KL hotel/guesthouse that is central and cheap - I'm thinking maybe 70-100 riggis pricewise. Obviously doesn't have to be a palace or anything.

Tunes Hotel brand new and a bit unique in that you pay extra for aircon, towels, no tv or fridge in the rooms but if you book early enough 99 baht per night walk ins around 400-500 baht the manager said the price goes up as the rooms fill up, if you want somewhere clean safe with free internet (5 terminals), bank money exchange in house coffee shop, and the showers are real good.

Used to stay in the PJ Hilton before I got my apartment. Shah's had a bit of a reputation as a knocking shop back then, my parents stayed there a couple of times, reasonable price easy access to the city if that's what you want. :o

Are the Waikiki Club and Out of Africa still operating by the pool next door?

Meanwhile, the Swiss Inn on Jalan Petaling is central and reasonable.