Phuket Cable

Jimbo

I have been looking to get a satelite dish but just got a flyer in my mailbox about Phuket Cable. They have a number of good channels including UBC movies, sports, fox news etc. All this for only 350 THb a month. Is this possible? are there very high hidden instalation costs. If it is really only 350 THb a month then it is a much better deal then UBC

Yeah its the real thing. I've had it for 2 months already. They charged me 1500 baht to set it up, but they may have be waiving that now as a second cable company has started up offerring the same channels. Beware that some of the UBC channels are in Thai though. There are two good English language movie channels.

Nathan

Dont forget that Malaysian Astra is not a secure system..

So you buy the hardware (it can do UBC too if the setup does die) and then you have the 50 odd channels including all the premium stuff for no monthly.. Cant beat that with a stick.

PM me for info / installer.

There are 2 companies operating out of Phuket town - PK and KPP - both will set up for 850 Bhat (350 1st months service + 500 Bhat refundable if no longer require service and one month notice is all you need give).

Have tried both - KPP (Phang Nga Rd) is definitely geared to Thai-Chinese/Chinese market - has 30 ish viewable channels which they will sometimes change (no warning) and often has blackouts. The movie channel is very good .. new movies all day/night but anything other than light entertainment hard to come by (Fox news - really!!).

PK (opposite Amphur Phuket town) also has 'movie channel' same quality and going to switch back to this as they have more english channels and is more stable - checked with neighbors who have it. Both of them 'take' about 50% of their content from UBC - last straw was shift from FTV to Chic Channel .... !!).

Also checked in Patong and they have a much better cable operator - sorry dont know the name, but most content is international bias and if lived there would reckon best bet.

• 3 months later...
Dont forget that Malaysian Astra is not a secure system..

So you buy the hardware (it can do UBC too if the setup does die) and then you have the 50 odd channels including all the premium stuff for no monthly.. Cant beat that with a stick.

PM me for info / installer.

You seem to be the man who knows..I'm not following the whole thing..but free monthly certainly works?

Is it a gargantuant dish? Overhere they are like large dinner plates..

Stopped working early last month...

My guy came round with a UBC card as a loaner and research I have done says they have moved to SECA2 which is cracked in Europe.. Hence possible to be cracked here but with less hackers and programmers may take a bit of time..

Currently Astro is secure again.. PITA as its a lot better than UBC.. If it stays secure I will probably get a legit Astro card (expensive) as its a lot better (though no Thai TV channels for the GF)...

The dish was a simple 80cm UBC one.. Also currently DreamTV is open for those in BKK (with big dish) or Patayya with small dish.. Out of line of sight for us though.. Too low on the horizon..

@Axl, what are you picking up from that AsiaSat bird and what encryptions is it using ?? Do you play the sat games or just legit access cards..

Astro packages can be checked through thier website and cards can be purchased in Thailand through SatThai.net...

Research again yesterday shows Astro to be using Seca2 v7.7 which is yet still not cracked anywhere.. Apparently word is that the mediaguard producers of seca2 have to pay back 10 mil RM (+-110 mil baht) if it does get cracked...

I read some detailed info on seca2 yesterday and it seems like people are hopefull.. there seem to be some BS artists claiming it but people with some knowledge also were posting detailed descriptions of how the hashing files work and what is modified from currently cracked Seca2 to this newest version.. Understanding the algo is most of the way to detecting the keys and sniffing or spoofing bitstream.

@Axl, what are you picking up from that AsiaSat bird and what encryptions is it using ?? Do you play the sat games or just legit access cards..

I mainly watch the channels as mentioned in this thread. They are all free...

I am not sure about the encryption; I believe they use an Irdeto; maybe you can find some useful information at: Satelite Information Thailand