Thailand Elite Card Fails To Impress

george

Thai Elite's "Show Me The Money" card only marginal appeal is the no-hassle Visa, 25G for five years, 5 large per year,

Not being a Work Visa is a deal breaker to mention just a few.

I think they would have better success with a Infomercial, (starts out with a guy out on a golf course with three girl caddies ...)

mod8(smoking%20pipe)a.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the title deeds to a very nice bridge in London if anyone has a few million spare

Gaz

Did you buy a London bridge from me, during the Bird-Flu epidemic, some months ago ? :D

Or is there now competition ... in the 2nd-hand-London-bridge market ? :o

Sigh ... they'll be wanting to regulate us next ! :D

Nah - got this one cheap with the help of my friends in 5th US Tactical Air Force ..... once the grunts had finished practising in Nevada and buzzed off to Iraq - they pilfered the old London Bridge we sold to them a while back

Gaz ... I've got a mate who has a bridge across the Seine For-Sale !

How about we put it end-to-end with one of ours , and sell walking-tours, London to Paris or vice-versa ? :D

This could be a whole new concept in international travel :D

I believe the card is pure gold. I've had one in my hands just recently, before it was given to a client who bought it and its quite heavy for its size (credit card size).

It is actually gold-plated, rather than pure gold. As you say, rainman, it is certainly heavy for its size.

Now that we have all had a bit of a whinge about the elite card I have a serious question...I'd be interested in getting peoples views.

Say if I ruled the world (or maybe just Thailand for starters) what sort of immigration programme would you guys be happy with? Obviously the elite card is a dud, but most of us could see that a mile away.

Would a skilled migration system along the lines Australia/Canada/NZ be what people want. Or maybe a more work permit to residency route that is common in the US and Europe.

Within the reasonable bounds of what is acceptable to the Thai electorate (who easily convinced that foreigners will take over the place), what do people think would be suitable for Thailand (and not just for you)?

Cheers

Samran

ps. To get a better idea of what the rest of the world does have a look at your own country's immigration system first and how hard/easy it is for foreigners to stay in your own country first.

pps. By Immigration I don't mean how your country deals with asylum seekers either. So no "bloody migrants on the dole earning 60,000 pounds a year" comments please.