LINE to pc not working

I've had LINE working to pc for 6+ years but after LINE did "update" it's gone.

I try to follow given instructions by LINE but no luck. I'm not that smart on SmatPhones and apps... don't like to use it much.

At one point LINE is asking to give PIN code but nothing's coming to me. I don't know why.

What functions I must have working on my phone to be able to transfer to PC? I try to keep everything minimum to eliminate Google's hunger for info steeling.

Thanks!

I am SO SICK of updates hosing up my stuff! My Samsung Galaxy 6 watch just did an update. Simple, should be inocuous. It wiped away my watch face which is a pain to reset.

I'd recommend an uninstall/reinstall. Be SURE you know your password before jumping off this cliff.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/21/2024 at 2:41 PM, GypsyT said:

I've had LINE working to pc for 6+ years but after LINE did "update" it's gone.

I try to follow given instructions by LINE but no luck. I'm not that smart on SmatPhones and apps... don't like to use it much.

At one point LINE is asking to give PIN code but nothing's coming to me. I don't know why.

What functions I must have working on my phone to be able to transfer to PC? I try to keep everything minimum to eliminate Google's hunger for info steeling.

Thanks!

Have you lost it completely?

If not you need to have Line working on the phone as that is where either the PIN number comes or where you input it - or maybe both as I can't remember. Just opened my Line on pc with password and asked to update and did not ask me to authenticate but did send me a message on my phone to confirm it was me.

Which operating system are you using?

• Like 1

Thank you! I have found couple of reasons why I lost LINE.

I didn't understand PC LINE is always tied to either Android or Apple phone (via Bluetooth?).

Mine was on Samsung/Android. I got rid of gmail address and switched to yahoo. That may have been the reason to loose all and no PIN code coming.

The other reason was/is I don't keep camera or Chrome ON on my Samsung.

I got rid of all Google stuff (for increased ads and spying) but may have to go back if I want LINE.

Or - Is there other way?

37 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Thank you! I have found couple of reasons why I lost LINE.

I didn't understand PC LINE is always tied to either Android or Apple phone (via Bluetooth?).

Mine was on Samsung/Android. I got rid of gmail address and switched to yahoo. That may have been the reason to loose all and no PIN code coming.

The other reason was/is I don't keep camera or Chrome ON on my Samsung.

I got rid of all Google stuff (for increased ads and spying) but may have to go back if I want LINE.

Or - Is there other way?

Line is always linked with your mobile phone number that you registered it with.

I have no actual Alphabet (Google) or Meta apps on my everyday android phone. That includes Chrome as I use Brave or DuckDuckGo browsers.

However because of needing to use Line on my phone I had to add MicroG which attempts to "mimic" Google Play Services which I believe you need to receive notifications. If you mainly use on your pc then you may be able to get round this. If you still have Play Store and it works then Line should also work without MicroG.

My phone is however rooted with all Google.com android stuff stripped out. If you are using a Thai banking app on the phone then I would suggest not going this route as it has become harder and harder to pass Safety Net without GSF and other Google bits.

https://xdaforums.com/t/app-microg-gmscore-lightweight-free-software-clone-of-google-play-services.3217616/

https://microg.org/

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/install-microg-replace-google-play-services-prevent-data-mining-0193787/

The last link is about 4 years old and things may depend on the version of Android you are using. You may have to search for newer links.

• Thanks 1

LINE is working fine on my PC (Win 10) w/ most recent updates all around. And my PC and phone LINE are sync'd. You have to run LINE on your phone regularly for that to happen. Otherwise, w/ no backup, you lose previous msgs.

On the PC, desktop LINE stores data at c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\LINE\Data\. Suggest you back up that folder before you uninstall LINE, then restore it.