Wishful thinking- Try not to laugh

watgate

Wouldn't it be great if retired expats who reside full-time in Thailand, are given the opportunity to join the Thai 30 baht healthcare system, if and when they are forced to start paying taxes on their worldwide income to the Thai government. In so doing, they would be able to start using the healthcare system in Thailand and would be getting something in return for their taxes being paid to the government.

I know try not to laugh to hard

1 minute ago, watgate said:

Wouldn't it be great if retired expats who reside full-time in Thailand, are given the opportunity to join the Thai 30 baht healthcare system, if and when they are forced to start paying taxes on their worldwide income to the Thai government. In so doing, they would be able to start using the healthcare system in Thailand and would be getting something in return for their taxes being paid to the government.

I am not laughing, as you make a legitimate claim. But you have to be aware that Thailand doesn't want people who would willing to use the "30 Baht" health cover. And frankly, would you be prepared to resort third world healthcare?

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, watgate said:

From what I have seen over many decades, Thailand looks for ways to get something from someone, not give something away to foreigners.  However, one can only dream....

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

I am not laughing, as you make a legitimate claim. But you have to be aware that Thailand doesn't want people who would willing to use the "30 Baht" health cover. And frankly, would you be prepared to resort third world healthcare?

Nothing wrong with Thai healthcare at govt hospitals.   Q's are long, but that's the only negative.   I've received better care at govt hospital than private, though no hand holding, and don't need it.

• Agree 1