Travelling to Myanmar

surreybloke

I am looking at travelling to the western end of the death railway.         I understand the route is possible by bus or van from Kanchanaburi   to the border and by  various means across no mans land and onto Dawei   and travel to Thanbyuzayat .       

Anyone done this ?   Comments appreciated

9 hours ago, surreybloke said:

I am looking at travelling to the western end of the death railway.         I understand the route is possible by bus or van from Kanchanaburi   to the border and by  various means across no mans land and onto Dawei   and travel to Thanbyuzayat .       

Kudos to you Sir 

I commend you on this adventure 

This morning I read on Facebook a young Filipino guy 37yo dying at my workplace of a heart attack ....

Another 54yo last month 

Live your life ! 💕 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, surreybloke said:

As far as I know this checkpoint is still closed. It closed just after the Covid outbreak and has yet to re open. Given the current situation in Burma traveling to Dawai is probably only doable via a flight into Rangoon.  If this is currently possible you will need a visa. Might be best to try and contact the Burmese embassy and get the latest information from them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really?? There is a civil war in Myanmar and you can't think of anything better than to travel there...how stupid do you have to be!? OK, some people there are happy that you and like-minded people exist. They are ideal kidnapping victims; do you have enough money to buy your freedom? Or do you rely on a go fund me campaign?

Edited by ujayujay
  • Confused 1