Julian Assange's flight to make a refuelling stop in Bangkok, says Thai official

snoop1130

49 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Oz government paying, though they claim they'll get it back from him. Which, if you believe ...  Also on board the Oz Ambassador to Washington & the Oz High Commissioner (= Ambassador) to UK.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Wonder what our friends in the US defence & intelligence system think of that.

The fact that he has to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to take a flight is ridiculous. No matter how you slice it. I bet epstein after he was convicted wouldn’t have to pay that

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A well thought out comment. Keep up the good work. What he did was exposed war crimes committed by the US. What he was not convicted of was rape/sexual assault. 

Because he did not go back to Sweden. So they could not catch him. And he was in the embassy for many years. He raped for sure. I happens to know the woman and she was traumatized and wanted it all to end. Lucky for the rapist!

22 hours ago, dinsdale said:

A well thought out comment. Keep up the good work. What he did was exposed war crimes committed by the US. What he was not convicted of was rape/sexual assault. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BobBKK said:

The Supreme Court already ruled in the 1970s that news outlets are not responsible for their news sources.

Long article in the NYT yesterday about this aspect.

The Assange story runs contrary to this rule and instilled fear in the media, including the NYT. 

On 6/25/2024 at 6:09 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess now it's too late.

They should have invited him to spend a night in Bangkok.

Imagine the news: After more than a decade in confinement Julian Assange spend his first free night in Nana.

He said it was the time of his life.

Now that is the kind of advertisement which Thailand needs. 

:cheesy:

4 hours ago, Aussie999 said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because it is news.

A plane stops to be refueled, is not news... it's not as though Julian is meeting anyone, or seen by anyone... 555

This is not just a report about "a" plane refuelling, the Assange palaver certainly is news and the plane's temporary landing in Bangkok, for whatever reason, is news that is of interest to many, albeit not to you.

On 6/26/2024 at 9:02 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What are you going on about?   As at the time of his leaving the UK he hasn't been given a sentence to serve

"Assange, 52, has agreed to plead guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to acquire and disclose national defense information, as mentioned in a court document in the Northern Mariana Islands.

Scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday morning local time, Assange is expected to receive a 62-month prison sentence, but will be credited for over five years served in jail in Britain."

Let's see how it goes...

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Captor said:

Because he did not go back to Sweden. So they could not catch him. And he was in the embassy for many years. He raped for sure. I happens to know the woman and she was traumatized and wanted it all to end. Lucky for the rapist!

I think it was two women who accused him of rape.

4 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Not surprising THIS would be the thing that elicits a comment.  Man, you really hate Ukraine.

No, I don't - well, I do a bit, maybe - if you had been arrested with a girl you just met who had heroin on her - and she tells corrupt Ukraine Police you gave it to her, you would not be in love with them either. They are corrupt scum at every level. I have been there many times, and I know them - the chicks are lovely, though.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No, I don't - well, I do a bit, maybe - if you had been arrested with a girl you just met who had heroin on her - and she tells corrupt Ukraine Police you gave it to her, you would not be in love with them either. They are corrupt scum at every level. I have been there many times, and I know them - the chicks are lovely, though.

That is a hilariously, transparently false story, and the worst excuse I've ever heard to cheer on the destruction of an entire country.  And you must really hate Thailand.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

That is a hilariously, transparently false story, and the worst excuse I've ever heard to cheer on the destruction of an entire country.  And you must really hate Thailand.

It's totally true—in Kiev. I can't prove it, but it happened as I told it—I paid $700 to get out of the Police station. I did not say this was the reason you twist everything—I told you I had been many times and know the Ukrainians much better than you do - you have probably never even been.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

"Assange, 52, has agreed to plead guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to acquire and disclose national defense information, as mentioned in a court document in the Northern Mariana Islands.

Scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday morning local time, Assange is expected to receive a 62-month prison sentence, but will be credited for over five years served in jail in Britain."

Let's see how it goes...

You posted, "Wouldn't be surprised, if they let him do the remaining year of his sentence in prison first".

I posted that as at the time of his leaving the UK he hadn't been convicted of anything nor given a sentence to serve, never mind "one remaining year".

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

It's totally true—in Kiev. I can't prove it, but it happened as I told it—I paid $700 to get out of the Police station. I did not say this was the reason you twist everything—I told you I had been many times and know the Ukrainians much better than you do - you have probably never even been.

Nope, I've never been to Ukraine and have never pretended to have been.  But I stick to what I say above -- ESPECIALLY the part where some police corruption is cause to cheer on the destruction of an entire country.  Man, I've been to a LOT of places and seen a lot of crap... and I don't wish the entire destruction of any of those places.  Even Russia.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Nope, I've never been to Ukraine and have never pretended to have been.  But I stick to what I say above -- ESPECIALLY the part where some police corruption is cause to cheer on the destruction of an entire country.  Man, I've been to a LOT of places and seen a lot of crap... and I don't wish the entire destruction of any of those places.  Even Russia.

I do NOT wish for the destruction of Ukraine - that is ABSURD defamation and twisting of my position.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This is not just a report about "a" plane refuelling, the Assange palaver certainly is news and the plane's temporary landing in Bangkok, for whatever reason, is news that is of interest to many, albeit not to you.

Go away, you are so boring, go back to you tar pit.