Isaan Banks .

joeuk1

Don't see a reason why vaults in Isaan banks should be less (or more) secure than banks in Bangkok. But it's tricky to have to look for a secure place for documents. I have whatever is important in a bank in my home country and keep virtual copies (scans) of them. I do not trust the banks here, but maybe I'm being paranoid.

The banks here in Surin have safe deposit boxes, or at least the Kasikorn does as I have one of theirs. Approximately 400 mm x 100 mm x 600 mm = Bht 560.00 p.a.

Yo Joeuk1,

Have you considered buying yourself a safe if you have room, they are not all that expensive if you are concerned about protecting your valuables.

I had a couple of pals in the sort of security/insurance field when I lived in Pattaya and they always recommended a heavy safe was one of the most effective means. Small safes in walls or bolted down are not really the way to go, as they can be levered away etc...........I paid 11,000 baht for a free standing one, about the size of a small fridge...........however it weighs 250kilos and you would find it rather difficult to move easily...........just a thought for you...... :o

Got mine at the local Udon Kasikorn bank.

It cost an initial 2000 baht returnable deposit + vat of 140 baht and then 550 per annum + 38baht-50 satang = 2,178.50 total ( fingers crossed ) :D

The security side of things is A1 and only you and any others who you wish to access it are allowed to use it.

They must go with you when opening the initial acc. and also have to provide I.D which is photo copied.

I used my 5 year driving license as it,s easier to carry around, otherwise a passport is needed.

You are issued with 2 keys for your personal use.

The bank hold a seperate key that must also be used with yours to open the box. ( both are inserted into seperate locks )

You have to produce I.D and sign into a book before then being accompanied to the security strong room.

Your key plus the banks key are then used to open the box after which the clerk leaves you alone in private.

At no time are they able to see the contents nor do they want to.

Basically it,s a metal box a bit longer than an A4 size and a little wider and is approx. 2.5 inches in depth.

It has a lid that completely covers it and there is an additional facility to put a small personal lock on should you wish to do so.

I,ve got quite a few items of importance in mine and there is room for lots more stuff should i wish to add any.

I,d recommend this sort of arrangement to anyone for the peace of mind it gives you, and all for 588 baht 50 satang a year

Brilliant, IMHO as always of course :D:o

marshbags :D

P.S.

Most banks will have a similar arrangement i,m sure, i,m using the Kasikorn as my accounts are with them and it,s convenient.

I cannot praise the staff enough for their friendliness and willingness to help, in all departments.

Edited by marshbags

Got mine at the local Udon Kasikorn bank.

It cost an initial 2000 baht returnable deposit + vat of 140 baht and then 550 per annum + 38baht-50 satang = 2,178.50 total ( fingers crossed ) :oExcluding the annual rental of course

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags