Country Western Music Bar?

buddhafly

Do you want American country music? Never heard of it. However, there are tons of places that play Thai country/folk music. It's different as there weren't exactly a lot of cowboys and Indians here.

There is one place on Chaeng Watanna rd, near Don Muang close to Big C. I think it's called the Country Saloon? I've driven by it a few times, and it has wooden indians, and all done up like an old west saloon. One time I drove by was in the evening, and noticed hostesses out front, so not sure if this is a legit place or not.

I'm sure someone knows the answer on this forum. I think I heard they have live country bands there.

I was taken to a Thai country western restaurant/live music place that looks like a big American wooden barn a couple of years ago. Inside there are wooden tables and a horseshoe shaped balcony are with more tables.

It’s owned and run by a popular Thai singer. It’s well set up with a big stage, large TV screens and cameras to record the shows.

The Thai owner/singer performs some nights and a popular female singer sings on other nights. They had live music in English and Thai.

I can’t remember the name but as we travelled from Fortune city towards Chaopraya Park hotel we turned off to the right halfway along and headed towards a golf club. It was opposite the golf club.

I was taken to a Thai country western restaurant/live music place that looks like a big American wooden barn a couple of years ago. Inside there are wooden tables and a horseshoe shaped balcony are with more tables.

It’s owned and run by a popular Thai singer. It’s well set up with a big stage, large TV screens and cameras to record the shows.

The Thai owner/singer performs some nights and a popular female singer sings on other nights. They had live music in English and Thai.

I can’t remember the name but as we travelled from Fortune city towards Chaopraya Park hotel we turned off to the right halfway along and headed towards a golf club. It was opposite the golf club.

Was it called The Old West Saloon at 231/17 Soi Sarasin, opposite Lumphini Park?

Country Road has been gutted. Either renovating or changing it.

There is a huge country restaurant / music bar on Thonglor just past Witches Tavern on the right.

This is the Log Cabin or "The Log Home" as it says on the sign outside. They don't play country music but you'll no doubt hear country style songs (Eagles etc). All the bands that play there are quite good, i particularly enjoy listening to the thai guy who sings on his own with an acoustic guitar.

Food is not bad, but always seems to be quiet when i've been there. Saying that, i've never been at the weekends...

What happened, did you gf leave you, your dog die and your house burn down?

i was drunk the day my mom got out of prison,

and i went to pick her up in the rain

but before i could get to the station in my pickup truck

i got runned over by a damned ole train...

-d.a.c and s.g.

It is not 100 % country but that kind of music has it share of the show : The dubliner, pub situated between sukh soi 24 and 22.

Live music on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9pm.

Great show, excellent atmosphere and american singer...

:o

• 2 months later...

Country Road reopened 6 months ago in a new place.

It is in the tunnel between Sois 5 and 7.

A smaller bar, but still has two live bands every night.

The first band, who are on between 8 and 11pm, play a lot of country.

A new Country Road will open shortly, on Sukhumvit, between sois 11 and 13.

Much like the old one, a big bar with many pool tables - both 8 and 9 ball this time.

Let me know if you need more details.

There is a huge country restaurant / music bar on Thonglor just past Witches Tavern on the right.

• 1 month later...

You're talking Lee who plays in the Dub Tuesdays and Friday. Great entertainer but not one for country music.

As with Country Road ex 19 - Live band but your usual run of the mill stuff.

Silver Dollar plays a bit of country but hardly a C&W bar though- don't go there expecting that by any means.

What happened, did you gf leave you, your dog die and your house burn down?

i was drunk the day my mom got out of prison,

and i went to pick her up in the rain

but before i could get to the station in my pickup truck

i got runned over by a damned ole train...

-d.a.c and s.g.

"You never even call me by my name" - David Allan Coe

The Country Road in the earlier post with the link is on the end of Soi Cowboy and is not closed; the one that has been gutted is the one that was at the end of Soi 19 across from the Westin.

Try the rider resort behind Seacom Square Mall. Its a Thai place for bikers but the nice 30-40 something type. It was playing C&W the saturday night I was in there last week. Nice food, lovely beer garden and not over priced (120 for a large bottle of Heineken)

When in BKK I usually stay in Soi 25, quite close to Soi Cowboy.

I have never found a decent C&W Bar.

Never noticed one in Soi Cowboy.

Must stick me beak in more of the dens of iniquity.

Mind you I only go there for cheap beers and watch passing parade.

Yeah..... rite, ya believe that.......LOLOL