Is my old ed visa cancelled?

I had an education visa in Thailand. I didn't have a multiple entry permit. I left in April. I was told that it would be automatically cancelled when I left the country. I believe it would have expired in August had I not left. 

Now the issue is that I have a job offer and I am going to apply for a non-b visa. I remember when I was previously offered a job when I had an active ed visa (I didn't accept the job), they wanted me to go cancel the education visa before I left the Thailand to apply for a non-b. 

I never actually cancelled the ed visa. Is there any way I can check or confirm that my old ed visa is not going to interfere with my new nonB application? I would like to know before I submit the application for the nonB.

It IS gonna interfere with you getting a Non-B visa and/or an extension inside the country 😕 or at least I'm about 99.99% sure it will 😉 

Just leaving without a re-entry permit on an "Extension of Stay" (which I would bet is what you had) based on education doesn't "cancel" it by stamping out.

While it stamps YOU out of the country it still isn't officially cancelled IN the system and even though the ED visa might have expired while you were out of the country it still isn't 'cancelled' 

You won't have any issue getting a Non-B outside the country at a thai consulate OR entering the country with an uncancelled ED extension
BUT
when you go to get the Non-B inside the country or the extension of stay based on employment they'll see that you have an "open" extension and fine you. The fine caps out at 20K baht (just like the overstay fine) and is 500 baht a day for every day.

Many people get that fine because they don't understand that ED and employment extensions need to be CANCELLED before you leave the country to "close them out"  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

It IS gonna interfere with you getting a Non-B visa and/or an extension inside the country 😕 or at least I'm about 99.99% sure it will 😉 

Just leaving without a re-entry permit on an "Extension of Stay" (which I would bet is what you had) based on education doesn't "cancel" it by stamping out.

While it stamps YOU out of the country it still isn't officially cancelled IN the system and even though the ED visa might have expired while you were out of the country it still isn't 'cancelled' 

You won't have any issue getting a Non-B outside the country at a thai consulate OR entering the country with an uncancelled ED extension
BUT
when you go to get the Non-B inside the country or the extension of stay based on employment they'll see that you have an "open" extension and fine you. The fine caps out at 20K baht (just like the overstay fine) and is 500 baht a day for every day.

Many people get that fine because they don't understand that ED and employment extensions need to be CANCELLED before you leave the country to "close them out"  

So is there a way for me to fix this or do I just need to wait and see if they fine me? My last 90 day extension was completed around March 1, so I am probably nearly past the fine cap anyway.