Re-entry for retirement visa

Regarding Re-Entry (Multiple) Visa for Retirement Visa (one Year stay), please kindly advise me on this matter. I will be applying for a Retirement Visa in the near future. I am a Malaysian, living near the Thai border. I will be travelling in and out of Thailand every weekend. The question is this.

In doing so with the Re-Entry Visa, will my One Year stay remain valid and intact. In other words, is there a limit in doing so? Do they allow me to travel in and out every weekend and my one year visa remain valid and not forfeited?

Please kindly advise. Thanks.

Yes, your one-year extension will still be valid if you apply for a Multiple Re-entry permit. Costs 1,000 Baht on top of the visa extension fee. The re-entry permit gives you unlimited entries for the validity of the visa.

Dr_Pat_Pong

Retirement Visa - would you know - is there a minimum amount of time one is expected to stay in the Kingdom within any given year?

If one is out of the Kingdom for let us say more than six months - would that have any effect on the next annual renewal?

Roger

Dear Mr. BKK stan,

I intend to apply for Permanent Residence if I like staying on. The minimum requirements is for me to have lived there for at least three years or more. Therefore I may be eligible to apply. In other words, a Retiement Visa is the best option for me. Any better options? Please kindly advise.

Regards,

Charlie.

Hi Shai

The VALIDITY of a Visa is the time during which you can use it - that is ENTER the Kingdom - in your example 6 months.

So - again in your example - if you ENTER the third time just prior to the expiry of the 6 months validity, you can have stays of 3 x 3 months.

But I think to call it a "Re-Entry Visa" is a Mis-nomer.

Roger

I intend to bring my Malaysian registered car with me for the one year retirement stay. I need my car to travel home very often. Will they allow that? What are the procedures in terms of customs, insurance, permits, licence, fees, number plates, and etc. Please kindly advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Charlie. :o

Dr Pat Pong

I don't know anything about Import/Export of Cars..

But - I think Charlie only wishes to Temporarily Import

his Car And to drive it out of the Kingdom back to Malaysia each Week-End ?? Is that right Charlie?

If that is indeed possible - would Taxes still be Payable?

Roger