How Do I Get A Mirrored Image From Laptop To Smart TV.

Mason45

The other day I worked out how to to get a mirrored image from my laptop to my smart TV. I enjoy using it as I can watch the football, horse racing and greyhounds from overseas when I have a bet, using a VPN. My problem is I never opened my smart TV for a few days and now I can't open the mirrored image on my smart TV. When I open my laptop and I go to settings > blue tooth etc It shows my laptop in devices but it won't open. May I add I tried this on another laptop and it worked. I closed that laptop and when I logged on again the same thing happened to that laptop too. Anyone got any ideas?

21 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Make sure you are still on the same wifi network.

Yeah, this is the issue with using a VPN. 

Your PC is on a "different" network, in another country, while your TV is on your local LAN.

There are workarounds of course, I use a Chromecast with Google TV attached to my TV, and run a VPN client (Nord) on that device. It works well. I use that to connect to Netflix in the U.S. for movies (mostly) that are not available here, yet (theatrical commitments).

You can't cast a Chrome screen for the same reason.

You could connect the PC and TV via HDMI, Display Port or DSUB/DVI cable, and then direct the display to the TV (usually a function key).

What is the make/model of your TV? You may be able to run a VPN client on it, natively.

Apple TV.
Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick.
Roku.
Google Chromecast.
Android TV.
Nvidia Shield.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1