I want to Buy a used moto in Pattaya

trevor67

looking for a 125 to 160cc Automatic.Where are the best places in Pattaya (darkside included) to buy. What should I be looking for

or be aware of when buying a used bike.

6 minutes ago, trevor67 said:

looking for a 125 to 160cc Automatic.Where are the best places in Pattaya (darkside included) to buy. What should I be looking for

or be aware of when buying a used bike.

Lots to look for, mainly odometer readings, easy to wind back. 

If you like the bike do the exchange at the DLT. Once green book in your name hand over the cash. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 2

I've bought both used and new here in Thailand and so has my neighbor. He's now really against buying used, and so am I. He didn't like the local Honda dealers raising the price above MSRP so he went to the most recent Bangkok Auto Show and got it for MSRP and had it delivered to the local shop 2 weeks later. 

Buying used is just not worth it it's hard to get a good deal and you don't know the history of the bike. 

15 hours ago, Furioso said:

I've bought both used and new here in Thailand and so has my neighbor. He's now really against buying used, and so am I. He didn't like the local Honda dealers raising the price above MSRP so he went to the most recent Bangkok Auto Show and got it for MSRP and had it delivered to the local shop 2 weeks later. 

Buying used is just not worth it it's hard to get a good deal and you don't know the history of the bike. 

Sometimes bargains on used could be had, if one found a repo or perhaps a farang selling up before leaving. Many years ago I used to attend an auction at Big-C South of bikes... the Thais picked up the best deals. I bought new, as it didn't seem much more to pay than for a near new one.. but did buy the GF a second hand that she still uses 15 years later.