Adsl

salsera

Is there a 'best' ISP in Bangkok. Need to find one to install lines into new house, have only been here a week and don't know where to start. Of course - ideally! - I'd like no interruptions and 5mbps! Any suggestions gratefully received.

Guest Reimar

First thing to check up is the avaibility of phone lines in your area! Only after you can be sure to get a phone line, you can start to check for Internet connection and which ISP can use!

So check the line avaibility first!

First thing to check up is the avaibility of phone lines in your area! Only after you can be sure to get a phone line, you can start to check for Internet connection and which ISP can use!

So check the line avaibility first!

Gulp! Okay, thanks for that! Will do.

You might want to check with neighbors to see what type of service is available. Once you have a fixed line you can check coverage/availability on most providers' website by inputing the telephone number. www dot adslthailand dot com has extensive service and coverage links.

Is there really a choice of ADSL provider in Bangkok? I think they've divided the city into zones and you are stuck with whatever ISP is covering your area.

I thought if you get True landline, you can't get ADSL from TOT and vice versa.

Is there really a choice of ADSL provider in Bangkok? I think they've divided the city into zones and you are stuck with whatever ISP is covering your area.

I thought if you get True landline, you can't get ADSL from TOT and vice versa.

Well, no and yes. Your last statement is true: You can't get True ADSL on a TOT line and vice versa.

However, many areas of Bangkok have a choice of TOT or True phone lines. The townhouse I rented on Sathu Pradit had both: I had my TOT line with KSC ADSL on the third floor, and my roommate had a True phone line with True ADSL on the second floor.

Guest Reimar

In some areas you can get TRUE on TOT line but more expensive than the "normal" TRUE rate! But they doe this mainly for SME only!