garro

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to choose one. Would probably be Civilization.

Other great games I spent way too much time playing:

Kings Quest V

Strike Commander

Janes USNF

Quake II

Tribes

Age of Empires

C&C games

Battlefield 1942

Falcon IV

Counter Strike

Wow, almost forgot Super Mario Kart

Edited by surface

• 5 weeks later...

GTA - just keeps getting better. You can play with so many variables right down to playing the same scenarios repeatedly seeing how many cops you can kill or pedestrians can be mowed down.

Medal of Honor - bit tiresome after the 7th play

The Get Away, Black Monday- All time fave, although not as detailed as GTA. Best script writing. Dialogue is so very english. Love the way the say Muppet

i'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned MYST. easy to play and great music. for me it was difficult to get thru it, but not quite so difficult so's you'd want to quit. (although i had to peek in a game solving book just once 'cause i was stuck.) if you've enver played it, pick up a copy, it will have been in the bargain bins for years now, i think it first came out in the early nineties.

all in all, a brilliant game.

honourable mention to "return to castle wolfenstein" and "duke nukem'"

Myst (masterpiece edition) has sat on my shelf since I last played it (for a couple of hours only) back in 2003.

You reckon it's worth giving it another chance?

You guys have mentioned some of favorites already but:

Call of Duty 4

Crysis

Red Alert & all C'n'C games

F.E.A.R.

definitely GTA, Every edition has been superb and I can't wait for GTA IV to come onto PC in a month or so, I believe.

(having said that, I've still got plenty of side missions that need doing on San Andreas,

I sometimes enjoy dabbling with SimCity (4)

and Railrood Tycoon (II). I picked up the new Railroad tycoon game (Railroads) but frankly allthough the gameplay is all updated and looks swish, I haven't got into it int he same way as I did the older ones.

Age of Empires was a classic.

Anybody remember Alley Cat for the IBM PC with CGA (wow) graphics? or even earlier, Star Trek on the DEC PDP-8 (ASCII 'graphics')?

Still occasionally dig out Wolfenstein but not really into gaming these days, eyes and reactions tooooooo slow.

I remember Alley Cat. Used to love it - though I must have been about 8 years old!

Frogger - Play everytime I go to Bkk. :D
:D:o

Surprised nobody has mentioned Half Life(&Counter Strike)

In other styles of game play, I liked C&C - All of 'em. Tiberium Wars, etc..Red Alert, etc.. and Generals, etc...

I also have an unexplained weakness for railrood tycoon. I never had a train set as a kid.

But I'm well behind on PC games these days.

nop. i mentioned CS first page :D

For those that have played CS, you may find this animation kinda funny. Its old, but classic:

edit: *Warning* -some members may find these videos offensive.

http://www.getamused.com/videos/ihateyuomyg0t2.html

and FPS doug (boom headshot) http://thatvideosite.com/view/201.html

Was just re-reading the first pages of this thread, I'd forgotten that I posted on here about ayear ago.

I've bumped up (quoted) eek's old post, cos frankly that vdo is funny as <deleted>.

Looking at my list then, and my list a couple of posts above here, I guess I've caught up a little bit.

A year ago a game like Crysis would have been unthinkable for me to play (technologically)

It's probably my fav FPS ever in current existence.

Hard to choose one. Would probably be Civilization.

Other great games I spent way too much time playing:

Kings Quest V

Strike Commander

Janes USNF

Quake II

Tribes

Age of Empires

C&C games

Battlefield 1942

Falcon IV

Counter Strike

Wow, almost forgot Super Mario Kart

OMG, KQ5! I think I was 12, took me forever to finish that game!

I just don't get GTA :D But then it does seem like I am one of about a total of 5 that still play flight sims :D

They still make flight sims ?? :o:D

The thing I like about GTA is it isnt rigid in making you do this now and then this and then that ... it's alot more open, can linger about between missions and do stuff and dont have to do ALL the missions in an exact order :thup:

:o

Just been reading about the release of Mercernaries 2: World in Flames. (I haven't played either, yet.)

BBC News link

"Trying to recreate Venezuelan-style fuel riots on the streets of London is completely irresponsible and downright dangerous.

"Hundreds of local residents have faced misery on their daily journeys this morning.

"They deserve an apology for being the victims of such an ill thought-out media stunt."