AIS Olympics Coverage

MamaSan

According to the AIS website:

Thai viewers can watch live and replayed footage, and show their support for Thai competitors in every event for free, and from any network, on every channel of AIS PLAY. There is exclusive content for AIS subscribers through the mobile app, the AIS PLAYBOX set-top box, SAMSUNG Smart TV, Apple TV and the website aisplay.ais.co.th. There are also collaborations with major media partners enabling Thai viewers to access broadcasts through websites, such as Matichon, Khao Sod, Manager, SIAM Sport and PPTV HD.

So - does that mean that anyone who has AIS Play and who subscribes to AIS (in what capacity? mobile? internet?) will be able to watch for free?

There are various packages on offer once AIS Play has been installed but it's unclear if any are required here.

Any insight?

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:40 AM, Expat4life66 said:

For the last two olympics, those channels were included as part of the AIS Play package.  For the delayed 2020 Summer Games, I only signed up for the 99baht trial at the time (July 2021) and was able to watch all the olympic channels.   

That was when there was only one AIS package choice.   I now have AIS Play Premium (I'm an AIS Mobile Customer) and just checked and there are now 24 Olympic channels available for viewing on my TV App (no extra cost) and the splash screen on olympic channel 1 says it will start broadcasting tomorrow.  For the last two olympics, Olympic Channels 1-3 were overdubbed by Thai commentators for english broadcast events on the other channels (usually with high interest sports and events with Thai atheletes).  AIS will also publish a schedule for each days events on the Internet for all the channels.  The EPG (Electric Program Guide) on the app also gets updated but they were kind of slow about it last time.  

Thank you very much - but do I understand that being already an AIS mobile customer, I will also be required to purchase one of their packages in order to watch this event?

• Like 1