Heavy Rains and Wind Causes High Voltage Poles to Collapse, Chanthaburi.

Lo25 July, at 15.30, heavy rain and strong winds have caused several high voltage utility poles to collapse in the area around Wat Cham Som Curve, Khao Khitchakut District, Chantaburi.

Residents and travellers in the affected area are advised to proceed with caution, as electricity officials are currently trying to address the situation.

Photos provided by local residents.

IMG_3939.jpeg

IMG_3938.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Officials from the Electricity Authority and the Department of Highways in Chanthaburi are working to repair the power transmission and distribution system after six high voltage poles and three streetlight poles collapsed.

The incident was caused by a tree within Cham Som School, located near a fence on the curve, falling and crashing onto the poles and power lines.

One vehicle was damaged, but no injuries were reported.

IMG_3942.jpeg

Edited by Georgealbert

Big storms all the way down the East coast yesterday, causing mostly minor damage according to the missus' FB feed.

Returning from Ko Chang earlier this week, some parts of Chantaburi had deep flooding. (It rained non-stop on Ko Chang for the 4 days we spent there).

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, huangnon said:

Big storms all the way down the East coast yesterday, causing mostly minor damage according to the missus' FB feed.

Returning from Ko Chang earlier this week, some parts of Chantaburi had deep flooding. (It rained non-stop on Ko Chang for the 4 days we spent there).

Even Trat was flooded we have had weeks of rain here on Koh Chang, pretty normal for this time of year, my electric went off last night for about 3 hrs., 4.30pm to 7.30pm but I connected one room I have set up for these power cuts, to my car with just a 500w inverter, enough to run a floor fan, my wi-fi, a light, lap top and TV. 

• Like 1