Why are so many Unis around the world becoming: Test Optional

Dear Folks,

If you have students in your family, or you know any students, or if you are a student, or if you have been reading ed-related news, then you will know that there exists a trend at many universities to ...

GO Test Optional.

This means that tests that once were considered mandatory are now being classed as OPTIONAL.

This includes tests such as the SAT .

There is no real equivalent, in the UK, to the American SAT tests dreamed up in Princeton, NJ.

The SAT, the American test, used to be an IQ test, or an aptitude test, although that seems to have been changing recently...or I could be wrong about this point.

==============

Anyway....THIS TOPIC is NOT about Test Taking. And, this Topic is really not about education, or taking tests for admittance to universities in the US or Canada, or anywhere.

NO.

This Topic is about some sort of SOCIAL MOVEMENT to Dumb Down almost everything about our Society.

I just want to know....

WHY ARE PEOPLE AFRAID TO HAVE THEIR CHILDREN COMPETE, these days, in this ultra-competitive world?

There seems to be this Fantasy, some WISH, among many that it might be possible to Level The Playing Field for everyone.

Somehow, if we pass the right legislation, and put the right laws in place, then...somehow....everyone will have an equal chance in life to secure the American Dream.

For some reason, schools today do not seem willing to recognize that all of us are different.

And, any tests that might highlight the differences between us must be banned or made optional.

I just want to know:

Who ARE these people who wish to change reality through legislation?

And, why do they think that this will work?

Has there not always been inequality in life, and in every aspect of life?

Why should we worry so much about trying to make everyone EQUAL?

I do not understand these things.

Do you?

Best regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  Here is just one example of this CRAZINESS found at Mount Holyoke.  And, in case you want to know, this school is an all-women's uni. I just wonder what kind of girls go there? Probably the ones who are afraid to take the SAT test, I guess.

image.png.db0ee95855f47150aaf7fa87c8bf6c52.png

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/

Note2:  MH is actually one of the best schools in the nation....

image.png.a468ad54be083bb804df5b8df70dbed6.png

It's not that we do not have great respect for colleges like MH that turn out gifted girl scientists....

Edited by GammaGlobulin