Testing water

Hi, I have a salt water pool.

After 2 years letting a company taking care my pool and realizing their strategy was to make it an acid pool to stay clean, I decided to do it myself.

Was not able to raise the chlorine level enough to prevent algae until I finally put Cyanuric acid (CYA).

Now my swimming pool is looking good, have the recommended pH and enough chlorine to stay clean.

Also the pH stopped raising all the time which is great.

Problem is, I now need to test my CYA level.

I bought test strips on Lazada and they just don't work (pH stay at the lowest, CYA stays on 0).

Few years ago had similar issue with tests strip from a shop.

I would love to buy a Taylor k-2006C or other good testing kit but just can't find any in Thailand and Amazon does not delivery this product to Thailand.

So guys, how can I test my CYA ? (would also like to test alkalinity, hardness, and even free chlorine)

If you know how to get test kits or no so bad tests strip, I'd love to hear.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Felwin

38 minutes ago, Felwin said:

Hi, I have a salt water pool.

After 2 years letting a company taking care my pool and realizing their strategy was to make it an acid pool to stay clean, I decided to do it myself.

Was not able to raise the chlorine level enough to prevent algae until I finally put Cyanuric acid (CYA).

Now my swimming pool is looking good, have the recommended pH and enough chlorine to stay clean.

Also the pH stopped raising all the time which is great.

Problem is, I now need to test my CYA level.

I bought test strips on Lazada and they just don't work (pH stay at the lowest, CYA stays on 0).

Few years ago had similar issue with tests strip from a shop.

I would love to buy a Taylor k-2006C or other good testing kit but just can't find any in Thailand and Amazon does not delivery this product to Thailand.

So guys, how can I test my CYA ? (would also like to test alkalinity, hardness, and even free chlorine)

If you know how to get test kits or no so bad tests strip, I'd love to hear.

Thanks for your help.

Test Stripes are all good for nothing. When I started to test my Pool I have bought three different Brands to compare and found all are junk. Since I use for Salinity, PH and free Chlorine Digital Tester, for all others I have a Pentair all in one Test Kit R151248 / 78DPD+ and a Water Hardness Test Kit from Hanna.

Edited by UWEB
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, UWEB said:

Test Stripes are all good for nothing. When I started to test my Pool I have bought three different Brands to compare and found all are junk. Since I use for Salinity, PH and free Chlorine Digital Tester, for all others I have a Pentair all in one Test Kit R151248 / 78DPD+ and a Water Hardness Test Kit from Hanna.

Where can I buy a test kit like yours in Thailand ?

43 minutes ago, Felwin said:

Where can I buy a test kit like yours in Thailand ?

I have bought my ones from Pool Mart Hua Hin.