Advise needed regarding switching Social Security (section 39) to Employment (section 33).

Dear Asean Now Members,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic. If not, please feel free to move by moderator...

Currently I'm contributing privately to Social Security Office (SSO) at monthly fee of 431 THB under section 39. What happened is when I switched from employment (section 33) to section 39, they have changed my SSO number. It seems they have enrolled me under section 39 with my Pink ID Card number and my entire record of 15 years employment (section 33) can now only be accessed online through my pink ID card number. When I try to access my contributions record for the past 15 years on my old SSO number (from employment) it shows NIL. Seems the number is active, but no record anymore...

Now question is... what would happen in case I'd decide to start working again and I need to switch back from section 39 to section 33 (employment)? Which SSO number do I need to provide to my new employer (Pink ID card number used under section 39) or my old SSO number from my previous employer?

When speaking to SSO agent it looks like they do not accept the Pink ID card number when switching back to section 33? Which I found very strange, as the number for Thais remains the same as on ID for SSO and Tax ID...

So the question is, which number do I need to use then? I've heard stories of other people having 2 or 3 different SSO numbers, each applied and issued for by another employer / employment over time and career, this causing a lot of confusion with SSO officials and negatively impacting the calculation of old age and other benefits under the scheme.

Is there a way I can ensure they do not issue me a new number instead. But instead keep using the old number I had for the past 15 years instead?

Please only serious reactions...

Thanks a zillion!

Ook

14 hours ago, Ook said:

Dear Asean Now Members,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic. If not, please feel free to move by moderator...

Currently I'm contributing privately to Social Security Office (SSO) at monthly fee of 431 THB under section 39. What happened is when I switched from employment (section 33) to section 39, they have changed my SSO number. It seems they have enrolled me under section 39 with my Pink ID Card number and my entire record of 15 years employment (section 33) can now only be accessed online through my pink ID card number. When I try to access my contributions record for the past 15 years on my old SSO number (from employment) it shows NIL. Seems the number is active, but no record anymore...

Now question is... what would happen in case I'd decide to start working again and I need to switch back from section 39 to section 33 (employment)? Which SSO number do I need to provide to my new employer (Pink ID card number used under section 39) or my old SSO number from my previous employer?

When speaking to SSO agent it looks like they do not accept the Pink ID card number when switching back to section 33? Which I found very strange, as the number for Thais remains the same as on ID for SSO and Tax ID...

So the question is, which number do I need to use then? I've heard stories of other people having 2 or 3 different SSO numbers, each applied and issued for by another employer / employment over time and career, this causing a lot of confusion with SSO officials and negatively impacting the calculation of old age and other benefits under the scheme.

Is there a way I can ensure they do not issue me a new number instead. But instead keep using the old number I had for the past 15 years instead?

Please only serious reactions...

Thanks a zillion!

Ook

I'm aware that the SSO aimed some years back for all members to be using their national Thai ID card number (for Thai members) and the pink card number for non-Thais as the member number. 

For about 15 years prior my member number was from the old / previous member numbering system.

In a conversation with an English speaking SSO officer (SSO 1506 Hotline) the officer mentioned that my old records (old member number) were locked but could be accessed if it was critical. 

She did mention that she could not 'on the spot' open / unlock my old records. I don't know what critical means).   

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ook said:

anyone...?

I would provide HR with a copy of your Pink-ID Card, and ask them to include it with the SSO paperwork they will file.  If SSO people refuse to use it, not much you can do beyond this.

• Like 1