90-day report must be in person after each re-entry?

I’ve been here on retirement extensions for many years.  I usually leave the country and return at least once a year.  I file my 90-day reports online.  This time I got rejected with this message: 

For first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation at the immigration office is required.”

Is this new? I was out of the country for a month this spring and this is my first report since then.  But I used the same address on my report as I did on my last few, which were accepted.  

13 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Plus one last bit of bad news the "window to apply online" is from 2 weeks before down until 1 week before the due date (outside that window you get denied)

I wonder if that is why I was rejected last time - was applying 14-11 days before. Rejected me as having a tourist visa when I have non O extension.

This whole TM47/30 obsession and its GLITCHES* is getting really irritating - especially as it really only applies to those on 1 year extensions and millions fly in and stay under the radar by staying at addresses that don't report.

I assume I will have to file a TM30 that matches my 90 day address exactly in what address line is in what database field - only problem is that it is entered by an IO into their system without reference to what is on 90 day form/field. I have it entered online but it is in Thai and as that has never been used to register me I don't see how it can be the cause of my rejection.

Software can be judged on its error handling capability, the less it is able to handle errors........

56 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Plus one last bit of bad news the "window to apply online" is from 2 weeks before down until 1 week before the due date (outside that window you get denied)

When/where did they notify us of this change, or are we supposed to "just know" as usual?

Do we know what rejection message is generated if we try and do 14-8 days in advance?

So if it rejects you, there is now NO CHANCE of using postal notification, have to go there and wait for hours as I did before.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

Now that the TM47 and the TM30 systems cross check passport/addresses you need to file a new TM30 when you come in from abroad as well

No longer any exemption from filing TM30 for 1 year extension holders returning on a re entry permit?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

Since they did the last update to the TM47 online system

So this is more of a software system failing than any attempt by the Immigration to pull people into their offices ? Perhaps they can go back to how it was before with the next version release?

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Totally 100% correct 😮 😕 

Since they did the last update to the TM47 online system you have to file the first report after you return from abroad in person before you can then use the online system for subsequent 90 day reports
AND
Now that the TM47 and the TM30 systems cross check passport/addresses you need to file a new TM30 when you come in from abroad as well

Thanks.  To be clear so filing on line must be done in the period 14-7 days before due date?  Also about the TM30, since I last arrived I’ve been staying at a hotel that I’m sure files TM30s for guests on the government online system.  When I go to Imm to file my 90 day in person do I have to bring a screenshot of the hotel’s TM30 filing?  Anything else needed (passport obviously)?

3 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Plus one last bit of bad news the "window to apply online" is from 2 weeks before down until 1 week before the due date (outside that window you get denied)

I did mine on Friday 26th July and was approved on Tuesday 30th July (Monday 29th was a holiday). And that was 15 days before due date.

That was just earlier this week!! Has it changed since then?

2 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Thanks.  To be clear so filing on line must be done in the period 14-7 days before due date?  Also about the TM30, since I last arrived I’ve been staying at a hotel that I’m sure files TM30s for guests on the government online system.  When I go to Imm to file my 90 day in person do I have to bring a screenshot of the hotel’s TM30 filing?  Anything else needed (passport obviously)?

Yes 14-7 days before online. 

Yes, bring a printout from the Hotel. That should get your TM-30 - they may fill out a form to put in your passport, and it may be a separate step before filing your 90-day (depending on the office).

5 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Totally 100% correct 😮 😕 

Since they did the last update to the TM47 online system you have to file the first report after you return from abroad in person before you can then use the online system for subsequent 90 day reports
AND

Does using an agent to file the 90 day count as “in person?”

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

When did this come into effect, and any official link for that Tod?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rob Browder said:

Yes 14-7 days before online. 

Incorrect, it has always been 14 days before, up to the due date.

Onlinecalendar90day..png.95e990968f7d8ff0f766ab5fa8c0b46b.png

Edited by Liquorice
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

No longer any exemption from filing TM30 for 1 year extension holders returning on a re entry permit?

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

I asked this question awhile back and I think it was Dr Jack (sorry if mistaken) who said there is no need for a new TM30 if arriving with a re-entry permit. I hope that is still correct?

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Des1 said:

I asked this question awhile back and I think it was Dr Jack (sorry if mistaken) who said there is no need for a new TM30 if arriving with a re-entry permit. I hope that is still correct?

The requirement for a TM30 reentering Thailand after overseas trip is tied up to online reporting. Immigration wanting to sync TM30 with TM47.

Suggest you do a 90 report via mail 75 days after return date. 

Personally had several trips out of Thailand..In fact Saigon tomorrow.

If my next annual extension requires a TM30 (never previously 12 yrs at CW) then I will file one. 

Aside: if the in person was absolute after every overseas trip, then I would do no TM47 and pay 2000b at annual extension. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The requirement for a TM30 reentering Thailand after overseas trip is tied up to online reporting. Immigration wanting to sync TM30 with TM47.

If my next annual extension requires a TM30 (never previously 12 yrs at CW) then I will file one. 

Aside: if the in person was absolute after every overseas trip, then I would do no TM47 and pay 2000b at annual extension. 

The last time I went to immigration for my 90 day report I asked them if I needed to report to them in person (not using the online method) when returning from overseas. They said yes. I am still unsure about the TM30, is it required when entering with a re-entry permit?

4 minutes ago, Des1 said:

The last time I went to immigration for my 90 day report I asked them if I needed to report to them in person (not using the online method) when returning from overseas. They said yes. I am still unsure about the TM30, is it required when entering with a re-entry permit?

... forgot to add  - I have a TM30 now for my address and I will be returning to the same address. I'm on a retirement visa.

3 hours ago, Des1 said:

I am still unsure about the TM30, is it required when entering with a re-entry permit?

3 hours ago, Des1 said:

... forgot to add  - I have a TM30 now for my address and I will be returning to the same address. I'm on a retirement visa.

According to the new TM30 regulation, if returning to the previous registered address, entering with a re-entry permit, then a further TM30 isn't required.

Regulation of Royal Thai Police
on notification of a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place
or hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted
to temporary stay in the Kingdom.
It is deemed expedient to amend the regulation of Royal Thai Police
on notification of a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel
manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted to temporary stay in 
the Kingdom dated May 25, 1979 (B.E. 2522) in order to conform with the 
directions of national development and strategies for transforming government
sector to digital government as well as to facilitate aliens staying in Thailand
under the maintenance of national security standards.
By virtue of Section 38, Paragraph 3 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522
(A.D. 1979) the Commissioner General of Royal Thai Police herby issues the 
regulation prescribing notification of a householder, owner or possessor of
dwelling place or hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted
to temporary stay in the Kingdom as follows:
1. Repeal the regulation of Royal Thai Police on notification of
a householder, owner or possessor of a dwelling place or hotel manager, who
takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted to temporary stay in the Kingdom
dated May 25, 1979 (B.E. 2522);
2. Notification of a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling
place or hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted to
temporary stay in the Kingdom must proceed as follows;
2.1 Notify a competent official at an Immigration office located in
a locality in which the house, dwelling place or hotel is located within twenty four
hours from the time an alien has taken residence.
In case that house, dwelling place or hotel, where an alien 
has stayed, is located in Bangkok Metropolis locality, such notification shall be 
made to a competent official at Immigration Division 1 of Immigration Bureau.
2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or
hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien
goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place
within the notified period of stay tahat has not yet ended, such householder,
owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make
a notification again.
The alien mentioned in paragraph 1 shall include any alien
receiving a multiply entry visa who departs the Kingdom and returns within
the validity of visa and any alien permitted to re-enter into the Kingdom with
a valid re-entry permit.
3. Subject to the article 2, a householder, owner or possessor of
dwelling place or hotel manager may make notification in person or assign
others to submit a letter of notification or send it by registered mail or via the 
electronic notification system of Immigration Bureau.
4. Notification of receiving an alien to stay as a resident according to
the article 3, shall be in accordance with the criteria, conditions and supporting 
documents as prescribed by Immigration Bureau.
5. A competent official who receives a notification shall issue an
evidence of notification for those who notified.
6. The notification form attached to this regulation shall be used in 
case of making a notification in person or assigning others to submit a letter
of notification or sending it by registered mail. An evidence of notification
and receiving a notification via the electronic system shall be in accordance
with the form prescribed by Immigration Bureau.
This regulation is effective from June 30, 2020 onwards.
Issued on June5, 2020
Police General Chakthip Chaijinda
Commissioner General of Royal Thai Polic

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TimBKK said:

Does using an agent to file the 90 day count as “in person?”

It must do.

I have not done a 90 day report in person for over 20 years.

The accountant handles all of my visa, work permit, 90 day reports etc when she does the accounts etc.

I only do the TM 30's - on line.

My trips to immigration are by appointment once a year - for 5 minutes. Just for the photograph.

10 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Incorrect, it has always been 14 days before, up to the due date.

Onlinecalendar90day..png.95e990968f7d8ff0f766ab5fa8c0b46b.png

No it hasn't always been, that is a recent correction of them for years pointlessly only allowing you to file online 14-7 days - for some reason they needlessly extrapolated the postal posting window to the online system.

I can't find that calendar in the User's Guide, but do remember it from the "previous" system.

The current User's Guide still refers to a 14/15 day reporting window.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/manual/IndexForeign.html

If they've reduced the window then they should probably notify filers, and update the User's Guide.

- Submit a request in advance before the due date for the next report within 15 days.

Conditions for not accepting requests for notification of residence more than 90 days online
           - Incomplete data entered as required by the system.
           - Not due for the next due date. (Apply after the previous petition is approved in 1 – 75 days)

21 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

If they've reduced the window then they should probably notify filers, and update the User's Guide.

We are supposed to "just know".

• Sad 1

No matter what it says it still often comes down to what the individual officer thinks is correct.

I once got rejected in Ratchaburi when I filed it 4 days before the due date.  When I went in and asked why he said I waited to late and to do 14 days before.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have a feeling with them getting increasingly "Freudian" about address reporting that will become some kind of strike against you. All I can say is if the increased obsession with address reporting is due to agents/signing off on multiple people using the same address they should go after it at source rather than inflict a group punishment on the law abiding.

18 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

you need to file a new TM30 when you come in from abroad as well

Just did my 1st 90 day after re-entry and was told if returning to same address new tm30 is not required,this is at chonburi office i am on retirement ext.

6 minutes ago, stubby52 said:

Just did my 1st 90 day after re-entry and was told if returning to same address new tm30 is not required,this is at chonburi office i am on retirement ext.

Doing a 90 report in person isn't the same as the two online systems (TM 30 and TM 47) cross checking passport and addresses

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

No it hasn't always been, that is a recent correction of them for years pointlessly only allowing you to file online 14-7 days - for some reason they needlessly extrapolated the postal posting window to the online system.

I've filed online 90 day reports since it's introduction, anywhere from 14 days before up to the due date, without issue.

This year after the new system was introduced, for the first time submitting 12 days before the due date, my application was refused stating the details did not match those on file.  🤪

In this case, nothing to do with TM30. Jomtien has a sign on the 90 day report desk that it is now mandatory to report in person after a return from abroad. They said, after I asked, that it was a new policy. Apparently, mail In also works. At immigration, I was in and out in 25 minutes at 8:30.