The Long Rain: Will the Present Rainstorm Last 2 weeks W/o Breaking?

GammaGlobulin

Dear Folks,

This new rainstorm which is presently upon us is something that I have never seen before during my days in Chiang Mai.

It's actually quite rare for us to have this type of SOAKING Rain which lasts for days without respite.

a. How long do you think this soaking Rain Storm will continue without letup?  Mind you, I am not complaining. I find the rain relaxing, just as did WC Fields.  But I want to know, also, when it will end.

b. What I worry about is that one 2-week rainstorm might become a 3-week rainstorm, and then a month-long rainstorm.  Is this possible? 

YES it is possible.

In Taiwan, one single rainstorm can last for 60 days without stopping for an hour, in fact.

This happens not only on the mountainous east coast of Taiwan, but also near and in northern cities of, say, Taipei and Keelung.

c.  What would happen to CM's tourist trade if we began to experience 60-day rainstorms?  We know what might happen.  Our CM tourists would head for Maui.

d.  So as I say, I do not care much, one way or the other.  If it rains, it rains. I like it when it rains. I like it when it does not rain.  But at the moment, it is raining, and it has been raining, solid, for the past 72 hours, at least, it seems.

e.  What can we expect in future years as our atmosphere continues to heat up, and we know we really had a hot year this year.....?

We can know what will happen if we just read the science.

Here, for example, is just one story in the popular press, and not really an article fit for any Science Journal, either.

Yet, this just shows how worried we have become about long-lasting rains becoming even longer-lasting rains...

image.png.3b36ca93bf8b8ca9206b7c760011e074.png

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/heavy-rains-are-rise-around-world-here-s-why-ncna1016961

Someday, this rain is going to end...(Kilgore)...

Meaning this present rain we are experiencing (now in Chiang Mai).

Best regards,

Gamma

Who is Kilgore?:  Kilgore was HERE.  And Kilgore was there.  Kilgore was everywhere ..... sometime around WW2...as we all recall, Kilroy was anywhere he was needed.

Edited by GammaGlobulin