+23kg In 4 Months

We went to our vet last Saturday for a check-up with our latest family member "Lady", everything is ok.

But when he checked her weight I was amazed: 23kg+in 4 months!

When she came to us with 12 kg:

gallery_2733_531_6375.jpg

and today with 35kg:

med_gallery_2733_531_50146.jpg

I guess she will be a "big Lady" when fully developed. So far she is very obedient and has a good personality.

Here are some more shots from this afternoon.

Holes in our garden getting bigger and bigger, but they are happy and my wife says "Na-rak :o "

med_gallery_2733_531_423213.jpg

med_gallery_2733_531_513224.jpg

med_gallery_2733_531_641951.jpg

med_gallery_2733_531_508426.jpg

med_gallery_2733_531_86920.jpg

med_gallery_2733_531_693048.jpg

Gerd

she has a very good diet, too much fat in the foods or not enough exercise.

dogs suppose to run several kilometres per day to be in a good health.

dogs-diggers are difficult to train and disobey, get wild (more like they become neurotics) - so strongly discourage her from doing so and spend more time training and playing with her. Separate from the other dogs-diggers, she might be learning from their behaviour.

well, i think she has perfectly developped and is not too fat at all. :o

digging is a puppy thing, some do it more, some less. let her have her fun and you'll see it becomes less while she's getting older :D

actually u can train dogs to dig in one 'diggable' area only....

cute faces.....

Absolutely, bina.

I've found that bitches dig more than male dogs (could be a hormonal thing? Practicing for digging a den for a litter?), but it seems to be common behaviour in the dogs in the center. They've (very wisely) dug a few holes that they go into when it's very hot to cool down. Haven't found any behavioral changes in any of the dogs that dig.

Lady looks absolutely gorgeous, Gerd! :o

Hey Gerd, Your girl is definitely growing up and into a beauty.

Definitely don't think she's too big or fat. If she's getting alot of exercise it would increase her muscularity which results in higher bodyweight.

As for digging - she'll most likely grow out of it. Our dogs were great :o excavators in our previous home (when they were younger) but as they are older they've stopped digging and we actually have a nice green lawn without it looking like landmines have gone off! There is a small sand patch that our dogs do use when (our male especially) they feel the need to bury things, which they always and only use.

Thanks for the pics :D

Di

Thanks for all your answers :o

For me our "Lady" has a great body and she is absolutely not fat at all.

Our dogs have a huge garden where the play and run from early morning until night time. 2-3 times a week we do long beach walks for a couple of hours every time.

The reason for my posting was, how fast this dog is growing.

Gerd

I think she looks gorgeuous, Thaigerd. A dog in splendid health and clearly having lots of fun.

But sorry, my heart goes out to the boxer. Just look at those wrinkles, the smile and the tongue out of her mouth while she is watching Lady ... typical typical , SO CUTE!!!! :o : wub:

Nienke

I think she looks gorgeuous, Thaigerd. A dog in splendid health and clearly having lots of fun.

But sorry, my heart goes out to the boxer. Just look at those wrinkles, the smile and the tongue out of her mouth while she is watching Lady ... typical typical , SO CUTE!!!! :o : wub:

Nienke

Nienke,

I know how much you love Boxers :D

this one is only for you:

gallery_2733_531_580439.jpg

Gerd