Thai ministry urges the public to refrain from giving money to beggars

1 hour ago, milesinnz said:

If the Thai government wants to stop the issue of beggars, then provide a safety net for the most vulnerable... what a disgusting government.. I guess they need the money for a submarine which is their delusional eyes, is more important...

well you need toys for the boys to keep them off the streets.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Ministry of Social Development and Human Security will launch a major campaign this Friday, encouraging the public to stop giving money to beggars in an effort to tackle the escalating issue across Thailand.

Starve them out?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

So if a thai friend messaged me asking for a 100 Bahri can tell them the minister in government has stated that we should not do it you don’t have to be on the street to be begging I’ve been stopped outside a 7/11 a petrol station even big C when a lady was 20 baht short 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

encouraging the public to stop giving money to beggars in an effort to tackle the escalating issue across Thailand.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A star-studded affair is expected, with key players like the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB), the Immigration Bureau, the Mirror Foundation, and other leading anti-begging advocates in attendance.

Stop funding "star-studded" government agencies and private foundations so maybe the begging community can be given a chance at normal life. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It is better to do something about the poverty in Thailand. With daily wages of 400 THB a day and rising costs for living it is impossible for many to make ends meet and when low educated and from poor family it is difficult to find a decent job too... I know there is much money that is spend  for nothing in Thailand and by the superrich they can pay more taxes or start paying tax. 

it's even worse:

daily wages should be baht 400 and more, but here& there others nibble off more baht for 'services' so many workers make only 300 - 350 a day...

sad but true!

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Monks don’t beg they walk the street in the early hours it’s up to Thais if they want to give the monks give them a good blessing for a fruitful day .when I go to the Temple I always take an offering of food normally a tray of eggs most monks eat one time per day 

And yet the thai government wants the royal temple in Wimbledon surrounded by all the mansions. to redo the roof in gold leaf and teak wood talking to the monks there. its 400k baht just for the leaf not including the labour of English builders to put it up. I wonder about thai budhism sometimes  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So it is alright for monkeys to beg, then there is no problem. O there is, see Lopbhuri.

But if humans beg as their last resort, it is wrong?! 

I know there are gangs and people are forced to beg and lose their money to the leaders.

I know there are fakes and they even make quite a good income.

But in Asia (not only Thailand) there are many people who are fighting to survive.

Well even "Big Brother" has this problem.

Probably major important is to get BK clean, same as the scheme with the street vendors.

Of course you can make it nation wide( cover up), but the main is BK.

You put up the highest building in BK, all for the super rich and of course they dont want to see beggars.

You can notice every where in the world this is happening. The super rich destroy habitats, they are a pest.

Well that's my point of view.

Yeah sometimes , you are mistaken. Long time ago was with a Philipina in a shop, young kids were out , begging.

I wanted to give some, but she said, NO dont do that. Buy them some food.

So I did and the kids werent interested anymore! They just wanted cash for the gang !

So what the hell will the government do to alleviate the problems of the underclasses of the underclasses? 
Probably nothing.  So people will continue to give money to beggars. 

Many of the beggars at Wireless/Ploenchit are repeat beggars.  They sit on the stairs and put their cups far in front of them making it difficult for walkers who need to grasp the handrails when they navigate the stairs.  I feel sorry for them but they make walking safely difficult especially when their children are with them.