Thermal prints ok for immigration?

BaanOz

Just spent 6 months on a METV and extending the visa at immigration twice. Plan to do this yearly.

Went to the local family shop to do some printing and the second time I went they inadvertently printed the first set I have them do 2 months earlier.  They had stored scans of personal stuff but I made sure they deleted it but probably wasn't fully deleted on their laptop.

Don't think anything criminal would be intended but don't want this happening again. Yes I might be able to find a less dodgy place to do printing but rather do it myself.

Looking up printers found a good option may be a cheap portable thermal printer as I hate troubles with ink while leaving them sitting for a long time. Would bt least 6 months between printer use.

Question, would the crappy thermal paper be accepted by immigration please?

39 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Cheap laser printer's the way to go.

https://www.lazada.co.th/tag/laser-printer/?q=laser printer&catalog_redirect_tag=true

Can't go wrong with the Brother HL-1110. Secondhand, even cheaper.

Totally agree. That's what I use. Generic replacement toner cartridges are cheap on Lazada too.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Cheap laser printer's the way to go.

You were faster. Any cheap laser is better than thermal or money eating ink.

Cheap refill lasts "forever".

Color print is nothing wanted and even refused by some immigration offices.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/25/2024 at 6:59 AM, BaanOz said:

Just spent 6 months on a METV and extending the visa at immigration twice. Plan to do this yearly.

Went to the local family shop to do some printing and the second time I went they inadvertently printed the first set I have them do 2 months earlier.  They had stored scans of personal stuff but I made sure they deleted it but probably wasn't fully deleted on their laptop.

Don't think anything criminal would be intended but don't want this happening again. Yes I might be able to find a less dodgy place to do printing but rather do it myself.

Looking up printers found a good option may be a cheap portable thermal printer as I hate troubles with ink while leaving them sitting for a long time. Would bt least 6 months between printer use.

Question, would the crappy thermal paper be accepted by immigration please?

Buy a proper printer not a thermal one. Thermal printers have a life span of print in days. If you want good quality get a LaserJet. A bit pricy but worth the money.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If you want good quality get a LaserJet. A bit pricy but worth the money.

Thanks, that basic one above would do me and is cheap!
Reviews look good on it too.

• Thumbs Up 1